Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: The other shoe just dropped ... lol

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. only 6 more... no, make that 5 ... more posts until I become ...

drumroll ..........................

... a "MEMBER" here!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So let's make sure to post-boost to get there!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:51 PM

I was going to say to make sure you stay grounded but it appears you are now doing that some...with the help of your little losing slide.

I am ALWAYS having to find ways to make sure my head is in check.

When I first got P-Tracker, I had 30k hands or so where I was winning around 3BB/100 and I was THE MAN.
I then proceeded to drop 400 BB's in there due to horrific bad-beats and probably cocky-tilt (or is that cock-tilt??) and my win-rate sank to below 1BB/100.

I'm most of the reason I slid off like that....but variance had something to with it too.

The last 5 weeks I have been on an awesome run.
I know I've been playing better (thanks SSHE) but it's also pretty easy to say that when you're catching the right cards most of the time.

That said, 3/6 isn't that much of a leap from 2/4....monetarily or in skill. It's a little bit more aggressive with a bit more check-raising and slightly fewer complete imbeciles. But otherwise, it's very much the same.
(also - there are no 6-max tables at 3/6 either).
I suggest testing the waters there on occasion if you feel you're up for it.

There is no need to proclaim yourself STRICTLY a 2/4 player or a 3/6 player. I still play a mix of both...frequently at the same time (2 tables of 2/4 and 2 tables of 3/6).
I still play 1/2 on some sites for crying out loud for bonus-clearing purposes.

So take an occasional shot at 3/6 when you feel good about it or find a table to your liking. And, if you want, you can still keep a majority of your play at 2/4 for now.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:13 AM

I feel your pain. I made $12500 last month and am already down $4500+ in 3 days this month. I cant do anything right. Feel like an idiot. When I feel like screaming when the biggest doner at the table sucks out on me it's probably time for a vacation. It's time for a vacation. I need elk season to get here real quick.

Steve
Old 09-04-2004, 04:20 AM

Well, you had a pretty nice last month, Steve. Good luck turning your short bad period around.

I too a vacation most of this month because I haven't been feeling so hot myself, mostly physically but a little poker-wise too. Probably did me some real good.

I was playing today and watched the biggest blizzard of suck-outs I may have ever seen. I mean this guy was sucking out the whole table. People were loudly complaining about it, and some left just to be replaced by someone else who got the same treatment. He not only played every hand, he seemed to make most of them, and a ton of them on the last card. He last carded me many times, and more than half a dozen times in a row, but a great consolation was that he did the same to everyone else. Also, that it was only at $1/2 6-max, and I still came out ahead anyway. I have to admit I was actually laughing, because this guy was cold-calling raises with cards like 95 offsuit and winning time and again anyway on the last card, driving the whole table nuts. It got to be great suspense and fun seeing who he was going to suck out next and what absurd cards he would flip over to do it. I'm sure if I were playing at a higher limit it wouldn't have been so funny.

Anyway, hope things turn around for you quick. I'm having lots of laughs at 1/2 6-max for a bit, and finding it fun to learn something new. That's my therapy and amusement for a while.