Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-30-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Turn and River mistakes?

I'm thinking I should have raised on the turn and gone for overcalls on the river.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 12-30-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Turn and River mistakes?

I don't think raising the turn has much value, unless MP1 is a bluff-happy moron (certainly possible) it doesn't seem likely that he is betting the flop and turn with anything but an ace. Anything BB folds is probably behind anyway.

As for the river, you could normally expect MP1 to call, so I think the raise is fine.

The flop donk and the river fold bother me. It's something I would take note of.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:43 PM

grunch

What about raising the flop. With your flush draw a raise might push the BB out and get a free card play on the turn. It's a judgement call and reads would be nice, but with 4 cards to the 3rd nut flush, and being the preflop aggresor, I like to raise this flop.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:51 PM

*grunch*
You could raise the flop for value (especially if you knew the BB would come along), but not the turn. On the turn, if you raise, and the BB is not coming along, you would only be getting even money on your raise (2:1 if BB does call) and you would not like to get 3-bet. Seems to me like you are definately behind on the flop after the donk bet into you as the PFR. You have IMO about 12.5 outs here slightly discounting the Js for straight possibility and you will not improve your hand enough to make the turn raise profitable.

I think villian's b/f on the river is very interesting as I would of expected him to call down. Do you have any reads on him.

*edit : forgot to mention that raising the flop could also buy you a free card if you needed it