Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Opinions on Green Plastic\'s Site?

[ QUOTE ]
'always value call your nuts'

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2005, 04:36 PM

anybody got the address?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

Alright - I just signed up for this site (Cardrunners.com) and i'll give a quick review.

There are 48 videos right now (they add more, probably only a few a week.) The only reason I signed up was for the videos. They are pretty good, but for NL cash, there just isn't many of them. I think for most of you experienced guys, they won't offer that much, either. GP's section has some good videos of him playing 5/10 6-max/3/6 6-max, and I really think they gave me some good insight into how a LAG uses position and he punishes people who show weakness. But I am not a NL cash game expert and for you guys who are already beating 5/10 or above and have plenty of hands online I doubt it will offer much to you.

He talks over the video as he plays. This is the best part, it's great to see him struggle over tough decisions and think his way through what he's thinking.

Most of the videos are actually of SNG's/MTT play/heads up SNG's. I think they are good videos if any of you are interested in learning more about that stuff. I feel it's on an intermediate/advanced level of teaching. It's for people who know how to play but maybe are looking for ways to ramp up their aggression.

It's $40 for a "sign-up fee", and $20 per month. The sign up fee is probably so people don't just sign up for $20 and watch all the videos. Honestly I think they should add more videos but the 4 "pros" on the site are all in school I think and probably don't have as much time.

The highest limit shown is 5/10 NL. I'm not sure if GP would want to show how he plays 25/50 NL and above.

Consensus: I like it, but I am only an intermediate 2/4 3/6 NL player. In the long run of things it's not that much money for what I feel it has helped me, giving me some more ideas on how to play.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:44 PM

Thank you for writing that review. Generally how long are the cash game videos? How about the other ones?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:51 PM

IMO green plastic is the strongest UB player around. He's a good guy too. I haven't seen the site yet but trust it is excellent and highly recommend signing up.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 PM

I've been a member of the site for the past 3 months and it's helped my cash game tremendously. The focus is on 6 max games and most of the cash game videos are of that nature. Also, the limits in the videos concentrate mostly on mid-limits 1-2/2-4/3-6 with some 5-10. Nothing over that but most of the members don't play above those limits. The content is updated on a surprisingly regular regular basis, given that the staff are all full-time college students.

If you hadn't been playing a loose aggressive style prior to joining the site, I found it takes a little bit of time to develop some proficiency. It puts you in a lot of marginal situations.

However, the staff is extremely good at going through their thinking process in the videos to explain why they make the decisions they do. The MTT and SNG content has grown over the past 3 months but that's not my focus. Perhaps another CR member who's more of a MTT or SNG player could comment?

The staff is incredibly responsive to member requests and will make a video for just about any kind of NLHE game that you might ask for, although I do think Taylor is jealous of sharing his strategy above 5-10 (and rightly so). Plus there are some very good players in the 2-4 through 5-10 limits, as well as $100 plus buy-in MTTs who are members and contribute a lot of good content to the forum.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody got the address?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no worries.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 PM

Ive been a member for 3 months and couldnt be more happier with the results. Before I joined, I was mainly a tourny player and was looking to improve my cash game abilities. The tactics they teach are heavy towards a shorthanded Loose aggressive style and can be a little tough at first. But the videos they produce showing their style in play are priceless. Very informative and thorough. It has helped me and many others immensely improve in a short period of time. Ive been a member to some other training sites and can say that I havent found one that compares yet in my opinion. The members for the most part have formed a bond with each other and support each other regularly at the tables. All the pros are very willing to answer any question you have in a timely manner. I recommend it highly. And I have even picked up some great tips to improve my mtt game also. Some of the pros are geared more toward the tournament scene. So you have the best of both worlds. Hoped this helped GL
Old 12-08-2005, 10:50 PM

Generally how long are the videos?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 PM

I joined cardrunners about a month ago as i was making a switch from sitngo's to the cash games. Overall, I really enjoy the videos as they give valuable insight to those individuals who are first starting to play the cash games at stakes $5/$10 and below, or those players who are looking to improve their performance at stakes $5/$10 or below. I cannot comment whether or not the site will help improve your game if you play higher than $5/$10 as i do not play that high. I'll let someone else comment there.

This is the "High Stakes" NL Forum, and most individuals here are playing $5/$10 and higher, and therefore wouldn't get as much out of the site as individuals who play the lower stakes cash games. For someone just learning the game, i think this site is a must in addition to reading the Theory of Poker and Super System.

I agree with one of the previous posters who commented that the true value of the videos is the audio commentary from the pros. They play a LAG strategy, and you get to listen to them go through their thought process on each hand as it's played.

The cash game videos are primarily 20-30 minutes in length, however there are a few longer ones. GP's last video is 90 minutes long and it shows him 2 tabling a cash game and a $200 sitngo. They add new videos on a consistent basis, and are very receptive to new ideas and ways to improve their site.

Overall, if your playing at stakes less than $5/$10 and not beating the game to your liking, i would check the site out. If your at $1/$2, $2/$4- joining will not put a dent in your bankroll, and if you play smaller stakes, it's definitely worth the investment. Cheers, Maurice.