Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-20-2005, 01:13 PM

Default How was my play: \'Was this a hold up attempt\'?

Basically, I was working on my car stereo out on the street and I was in a prone position with parts of my car all over the place. I was wearing old basketball shorts that clearly had no pockets.

3 guys walk past me, appear younger at first then I later found out they were, one was carrying a case of 'Beast'. Then, a few seconds later, I hear one of them say "Yo" and I look up, and he's walking towards me, knife drawn and in hand.

The first thing out of his mouth is "Hey man, can I have $5" and I'm thinking, "Holy crap, I'm stuck with my leg under my seat and wedged inside this car and have no way to defend myself"

He then continues "I'll give you this knife for $5". Now, being that I don't even have pockets, I explain to him that I don't have any money. He then proceeds to ask me if I can have a ride. I reference my car, in pieces at this point.

Now, it's worth noting at this point that although there are 3 of them, they appear rather drunk and small compared to me. I think it would have been a close fight. Furthermore, these are dumb guys, either they are trying to hold me up for $5, or this genious had the bright idea of approaching someone to sell a knife with the knife out and asking for money. If not for my positioning in the car, at this point I would have probably begun my fight or flight sequence, but neither of these options were available to me.

I will post results later.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: How was my play: \'Was this a hold up attempt\'?

Start crying about how it just isnt working out
Old 09-20-2005, 01:16 PM

I say, "hold on, let mecheck to see if I brought my wallet."

And extricate myself from the car, pat myself down, and say,"nope."

Now at least you can fight or run.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say, "hold on, let mecheck to see if I brought my wallet."

Reach in glove box, pull out .45, aim it at him, and say,"nope."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2005, 01:25 PM

I think these guys where probably just poor drunk bastards and the guy was selling the knife to get a pack of ciggerates.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:30 PM

Whatever you do, avoid the knife fight option if possible. Even drunks can get lucky, and getting stabbed sucks. <font color="white">Just ask jason_t.</font>
Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, avoid the knife fight option if possible. Even drunks can get lucky, and getting stabbed sucks. <font color="white">Just ask jason_t.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a major part of my thought process.

So, with the following variables I made this decision...

A) They had position on me (drunks left center and right, car behind)
B) They had weapon
C) They had me out numbered

I decided to just give them a ride. I realize this could have potentially led to much much worse, but I figured I would be alright so long as I stayed on main roads and didn't wait around for them once they got out.

More to come.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:32 PM

I guess it was obvious that it was just something superficial you were working on? If you had been able to convince them that the car couldn't start for whatever reason (electrical), that would have been best.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:47 PM

They would have to be REALLY dumb (they may have been though) to not realize that the RCA cables were for the stereo, plus my car is relatively new and it would be heard to believe it had any problems just judging by looking at it.

So, no more suspense, as this story has no real climax.

I agree to take them to the next town over. We got in the car, and, before we got to the end of the block, they are opening "Beers" and drinking. This is obviously not an issue for them, they must do this all the time. They were already stinking drunk, (by stinking drunk, I mean, they stunk) and I decided that if I got pulled over, I would tell the officer I was being hijacked, problem solved (I also considered intentially getting pulled over at this point).

On the trip, the one guy starts admiring my handywork (the stereo, etc) so now I'm thinking "Great, this guys are going to come back and steal my [censored] now too" so I start going on about how my stupid alarm is really sensative and goes off all the time, in an attempt to plant the seed of stealing my [censored] being a bad idea.

On the trip, Stinky #1 asks if he can use my phone... .why not, at any rate, if something bad did happen to me, they coudl trace the calls being made and at least find some sort of clues through that, so, in fact, I thought this was a fine idea. Boy, was that funny, he was literally sreaming at the top of his lungs at whoever was on the other end, he would hold it up to his ear and say "yeah, yeah, yeah" and then grab the phone, hold it up to his mouth like a mic, and yell "I need money, I'm comming to get $20!!!".

I was pretty much doing everything I can not to laugh at this point. I finally drop the Stinky Bros. off and make note of where they live (in case anything goes a missing in the coming weeks).

Got home, and deodorized the [censored] out of my car.

I feel as though I played this very poorly, and probably should have just walked away or fought them in the begining.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:35 PM

Giving them a ride obviously wasnt the best idea. Clearly you need watch the "Thats My Dog" episode of Six Feet Under.