Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: 100 SNG\'s in one day set for friday!

heh... it's not all bad -- I was watching for a bit and just saw him flop a royal flush... (of course he was short stacked and soon afterwards his AT lost to another short stack with J5)...
Old 03-19-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Re: 100 SNG\'s in one day set for friday!

LIAR!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Finally done!

well, i ednded up right at 100 tourneys after final accounting, and it was pretty crappy overall, but it could have been alot worse,(although i cant imagine how)
100 tourneys
9 wins
12 places
12 shows
so 33% cash rate... pathetic
-515 overall(-215 after affiliate rebate)

very disappointing, i really thought i was going to win $5000 minimum today. Thanks to all the well-wishers, especially lorinda, who sweated me alot during HU matches, and was my good luck charm for a few of them. I hope i never see Jacks again.....
A LOTTA suckouts, at least $1600 directly in 3 outers hit on river vs me HU that would have ended/won the match for me, and getting AA cracked by KK both times i played vs. now, i sleep for many hours....
Old 03-20-2004, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Finally done!

nice job dali, even though you lost a lil, i feel your pain.. every time i watched, you seemed to win 1st or 3rd (once 5th..).. very nice, though.. i get those kind of beat on party too, makes my $40 beats seem not so bad vs. your $400 beats..
-xtravistx
Old 03-20-2004, 06:47 AM

Dali,

I stopped in to watch your marathon [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] too. Saw some of those horrible suckouts and I felt your pain. Instead of playing two tables today I played one and watched one of yours. Thanks for letting us know about the event and allowing us to search your name. Made finding you a lot more convenient. I noticed that you seemed to be up about .10 buyins during the first half but you ended up down (.02) in the end. I will be interested to hear what your analysis of the second half was like and why you think it tailed off.

Vern
Old 03-20-2004, 01:40 PM

Your accounting... just curious, when I do the math, I have you down more than $515:

buyins: 100*215=$21,500

9 firsts = $9000
12 seconds = $7200
12 thirds = $2400

total = $18,600

$18,600 - $21,500 = -$2900.

Do you get some kind of rebate, or did you (or I) figure wrong?

Old 03-20-2004, 01:59 PM

you figured wrong. You computed 3rd as worth $200 @; they're worth $400 @.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:14 PM

well, i started off bad, as i usually do for some reason, but right around game 20-35, i cashed in about 10 of 15, which put me at a high water mark of up about $1600. The early suckouts KK vs my AA were disheartening, but i tried to put them out of my head. After my nap, I felt like I was starting anew and was ready to crush,and was doing decent until the beats started getting more and more ludicrous, with several runner runnners and dominateds that had no business being in the pot, and although it affected my resolve, i dont think it affected my game too much other than me playing non-paired hands a bit more carefully vs. players i knew were unlikely to fold, which DID cost me in a couple of instances, but these were offset by me hitting a few big hands that they would not have called much for earlier when i saw their hands.
Also, somewhere in the middle, i won about 4 of 5 HU mutches to bring my 1st's and 2nd's close to even, but then i started getting a lot of 3rd's from a chip lead when someone made a crying call preflop 3 handed for their stack and either hit a 40/60, a dominated or a small pair held up, thus droppping MY big stack. LOtta 4th's also, because of people calling reraises w/ crap like KT and 66 when they had chips to fold the hand, and those were hitting/holding up alot too. It'd be different i guess if i had a loose/aggressive image, but I don't, and calling ANY of those hand vs my reraise is just plain wrong. I suppose i want those calls, but man, it woulda been nice if a few of those fell my way.....
Old 03-20-2004, 03:40 PM

silly me, sorry about that ;-)
Old 03-20-2004, 05:55 PM

Daliman,
A valiant effort. Not many would have the balls to try it. Far less would have the huevos to do it at $215. Sorry it didn't come out as well as you hoped, but you had, (and have) a lot of supporters. If you try it again, we'll be sweating with you.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]