Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Whats your move....Late in 700k SAT

Im UTG With 130k and Villian is in B with 80k. Blinds are 2k 4k.

18 people left and top 10 get the 530 dollar entry to Sundays event.

Hero Dealt JJ and raises to 16k. Folded to BB who uses entire time bank and re-raises to 48000.

Whats your move???? Villain was somewhat of a donkey and had been making bad moves and getting lucky.

Thanks...I will post results after some replies.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Whats your move....Late in 700k SAT

uses entire time bank- hmm. could have been playing two sites at once or doing something else on the computer. I don't necessarily give much meaning to that, especially pre-flop. But if it does mean something, it could be an early delay tactic to try to make the $$. It could also be a marginal ace, maybe A8 A9, a bluff; i doubt it's more premium pair than JJ.

donkey- the guy was a big enough donkey to bet more than 1/2 his stack without going all in. he might be a big enough donkey to then lay it down if you push. or he might try to get lucky again and call.

options- push or fold. If you fold, you've still got more than $100k, you've got plenty of M. The object is not to accumulate chips, but to survive. You've got enough to survive. Come to think of it, I'm wondering why you were playing a hand form out of position when your chip stack is that big. Jacks are a big pair but they're boderline premium.

raise- if he calls and you win or if he folds you probably could actually hit the sit out button and win a seat. but if he calls and you lose you're down to $50k, just above push or fold pre-flop mode.

I vote for folding pre-flop; folding to the raise.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:12 AM

You need to give more information. If you're comfortable putting the guy all in and losing because you think it won't do your table image any harm and are confident you can reach the money with the reamining stack and knowing what you do about the other opponents, then do so.
Otherwise fold.
You've also got to wonder what Donkey is putting you on. Your bet strikes me as weak. I'd put UTG on a hand he didn't want called with that sort of bet, not enough to commit themselves if re-raised, so 10-10 or AQ, AJ. He must:
1. Be the idiot you take him for
2. Have a better hand
3. Feel he can knock you off the hand you've got.

I might make the move he's made with a low wired pair (might scare you off, might flop a monster that you can't escape from, might be able to represent a kind flop - alkthough the latter is unlikley) A big pair and I'm all in, same with AK. Anything less, I'm folding.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:51 AM

What are the average and median stack sizes?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:00 PM

Avg stack wass in the 80's. I was in 4th position at the time. I dont understand how my raise is weak. Blinds were 2k 4k and I raised to 16k. It had been standard at the time.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:20 PM

How bad is this player? CAn't be that bad to get to top 18. He has outs for sure.

By folding you still have enough to make the money, however, if you win you are 100% sure to make the money...

Hard one...Depends how confident you are of your skills, but a stabdard play would be to fold.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM

I understand now why a fold is quite standard here. I pushed and he turbo called with K2 of hearts and turned a King.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

Did you win a seat?

At least, you ahd the best of him, when you made the play.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:32 PM

No, ended up in a coinflip situation, AK vx. 77. I flopped my A but he also flopped a set. Out in 14th.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is this player? CAn't be that bad to get to top 18. He has outs for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep reading...he's very bad