Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Top two facing action on the turn

5-10 brick and mortar, ten-handed. Typical loose game.
BB is loose and passive, MP1 is a LAG.
I'm in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PREFLOP:
one fold, EP2 calls, one fold, MP1 calls, two folds, hero raises , button cold-calls, SB calls, BB calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls.

FLOP (12 SBs, 6 players): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, EP2 checks, MP1 checks, hero bets , button calls, SB calls, BB folds, EP2 folds, MP1 calls

TURN (16 SBs, 4 players) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets , MP1 raises , hero...?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Top two facing action on the turn

With a LAG raising, I don't give him credit for much. I don't think SB plays a set this way -- more likely A8/98 -- but rather than open MP1 up for a cap, I'd just cold-call here, and passive guy will just call.

Call the river UI. Bet if checked to.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:52 AM

Ah, jeez. If SB (or anyone behind me) has JT, then that's going to suck. I don't respect MP1's raise all that much (based on your read), but he is raising despite a passive player's turn lead, with the PFR still to act, with an ace and queen on the board.

I'd probably cold-call, feeling uncomfortable. I tend to take heavy turn action kind of seriously, in loose Small Stakes B&M games.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:24 PM

Yeah this hand really sucked. I thought about it for a bit, and then 3-bet. The SB and button both called, and MP1 capped. Turns out the SB and MP1 BOTH had JT - and to make matter worse, the button had 99!

I don't like calling the turn raise at all. If I'm resigned to calling here, I might as well fold since I'm not getting the odds to draw to my full house.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:30 PM

since it was the lag raising, i would definately 3 bet to try and get it HU with him. there is no way i fold and cold calling lets SB get in there cheap, giving him a chance to complete his semibluff hand
Old 10-01-2005, 04:50 PM

Am I mistaken to believe that given the information, this is an easy reraise? As I read through the post and came upon hero's decision, I actually said "reraise" out loud.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I mistaken to believe that given the information, this is an easy reraise? As I read through the post and came upon hero's decision, I actually said "reraise" out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my intial thought as well. Given the actual result of the hand, I began to wonder though!

Perhaps I should point out something: the SB was a woman. Dunno if this is sexist, but her strange bet out seemed pretty scary.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:01 PM

In my experience playing live, women usually only bet when they have the goods or, more accurately, when they THINK they have the goods. Still, that might be enough to change it to a call.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:49 PM

It depends on just how passive SB is. He worries me way more than MP1. This is just the kind of line some vegas locals would take with JT.

Unless I think SB has JT I 3bet.