Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 09:04 AM

Default QQ with two pairs on the board

How did I play this hand? Table was loose but quite passive for a Party table...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (12.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 08-09-2004, 09:12 AM

Default Re: QQ with two pairs on the board

Why did you stop betting? Why did you think the river was a bad card for you?

I could see an argument for checking the turn, although I would certainly not agree. But the river is a definite value bet. I'm fairly confident you won this pot.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:18 AM

At a table full of calling stations, I always worry when there is a baord like this because a lot of them will hang around with any peice of the flop in their hand... I was scared of getting check raised by trips...
Old 08-09-2004, 09:35 AM

I think he won the pot, too, seeing the complete action. On the river, he might be able to fold a flush with a bet, and he might get a king-high caller or a guy with a 7 betting on 3 pair, but that would have to be a perfect day at a perfect table. I guess I just don't see enough value there to bet unless these guys are really super-callers.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At a table full of calling stations, I always worry when there is a baord like this because a lot of them will hang around with any peice of the flop in their hand... I was scared of getting check raised by trips...

[/ QUOTE ]
If you get check/raised I think you could safely fold.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:22 AM

bet the turn, bet the river, fold to a checkraise.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:59 AM

I think I would take a stab at the turn. If raised back seriously consider folding, depending on read. If no raise, then I would bet the river.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:30 PM

Even though nobody bet, I can't believe you're not up against a full house. Too many players not to have an A, especially since one flopped. Attack the turn, exercise caution at the river.

Someone else missed a lot of bets, I think.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:55 PM

The turn checked through, a 2nd (of 4) Ace came on the river and it's checked to you with only one opponent left to act. Why would you feel based on the play of this hand anyone has a full boat? The river is a good card for QQ.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Sometimes it feels like that but, if I wasn't scared of someone holding an Ace on the flop to be me, I wouldn't beat scared of someone holding an 8 to beat me. Bet the turn and bet the river.