Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-14-2005, 04:47 PM

Default I hate two small pair

I'm not really sure what to think on this one. I bet fifth because I was looking for a freebie on sixth if I wanted one, but that didn't exactly happen. Is this fold alright or just plain bad?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.60 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Old 12-14-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I hate two small pair

Good. Pretty easy fold on sixth I think. I'm not sure I would have bet fifth, but I understand what you were thinking.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Would you consider check-folding on 5th? You have basically no shot at the low, and you can easily be behind for the high.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:31 PM

my thinking on fifth was that if I bet *maybe* I can get someone with just a a lone pair to fold since it appears as if I have a made low and that they are drawing to half of the pot. I was also hoping that it would give me a free card on sixth if I wanted one.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:46 PM

I play it the same. Nice hand. Bet on fifth really isn't close, in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet on fifth really isn't close, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

On which way?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 PM

I agree that the 5th street bet isn't close, it's mandatory.

But I wonder about the fold on 6th. It really depends on what you figure seat two has. If you assume no one can make a low you're barely getting the right odds to see the river. If you think seat two has a made low (and the only starting hand I see him doing that with is (5h6h)Th if he's a reasonable player) then folding is right. Even if you figure one or both have a shot at a low you're right to fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:18 PM

4th:Mandatory bet.If you lose a player,it's worth it.If you lose both,good.
You have to bet again,imo.You have a deceptive hand.Your bet could cause either one of them to make a wrong decision.
6th:I believe the fold is correct.They both hang tough on 5th& then hit reasonable cards while you hit a brick.If seat 4 folds here,you're probably in all the way.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:39 AM

i see no reason why you wouldn't bet 5th. 6th i think is a good disiplined fold.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet on fifth really isn't close, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

On which way?

[/ QUOTE ]
I apologize for being unclear. I meant that you must bet fifth street. Many good things can happen if you bet. Few bad things can happen.