Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: KJo in the BB

I am GRUNCHING.

Preflop: Don't raise here. Your equity edge is small, and you are in crappy position.

Flop: Fine.

Turn: 3bet the turn. If he caps then check-call the river. I don't think you can give him credit for 88 yet, and that's the only realistic hand that beats you. He could very well have K8 or J8. If he caps then check-call the river, because you're going to pay off his 88.

Who concurs?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am GRUNCHING.

Preflop: Don't raise here. Your equity edge is small, and you are in crappy position.

Flop: Fine.

Turn: 3bet the turn. If he caps then check-call the river. I don't think you can give him credit for 88 yet, and that's the only realistic hand that beats you. He could very well have K8 or J8. If he caps then check-call the river, because you're going to pay off his 88.

Who concurs?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 06-13-2005, 02:32 AM

I think the equity edge is larger than you realize against loose players.

Rasing is +EV. If you don't play well postflop it might lead you to make mistakes, but if you do you shouldn't give up the value of the raise here.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:34 AM

Smasharoo- Lots of players(including myself) don't raise KQo from the BB after this many limpers. So, why are you advising to raise with KJo? You are behind to any Aces and pairs, as well as lots of suited hands.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:35 AM

That is a very suggestive question.

I guess. When you later accused me of claiming the button has Jacks, I pointed out that I never mentioned anything even vaguely simmilar.

Apparently that means I'm quite resolutely arguing something I neither said nor nessicarily even advocate.

Reading is fundemental.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:38 AM

Smasharoo- Lots of players(including myself) don't raise KQo from the BB after this many limpers.

I'm aware of that.

You should, however.

It's pretty hard to even think of a situation against average .50/1 where you *don't* have an equity advantage here. You don't need to be ahead. You just need to have enough equity that action from your raise is +EV.

You should be raising KQ, KJs, AJ, etc. here without thinking about it. If you can fade the increased variance, you should be raising KJ, too. Embracing every +EV situation regardless of how marginal is how you maximize earn.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:42 AM

I do raise KJs here, because it's soooted. I raise any two suited cards above 10, most of the time. But I do not raise AJo, KQo, and KJo if there are more than 3 limpers to me in the blinds.

I am open to a discussion on this, however.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Smasharoo- Lots of players(including myself) don't raise KQo from the BB after this many limpers.

I'm aware of that.

You should, however.

It's pretty hard to even think of a situation against average .50/1 where you *don't* have an equity advantage here. You don't need to be ahead. You just need to have enough equity that action from your raise is +EV.

You should be raising KQ, KJs, AJ, etc. here without thinking about it. If you can fade the increased variance, you should be raising KJ, too. Embracing every +EV situation regardless of how marginal is how you maximize earn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that KJo can be assigned +EV from this position in the first place. A line has to be drawn for the hands that are worthy of a bet in the BB.

With three limpers, a hand like KJ is vulnerable to domination.

It's a check.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:52 AM

This assumes that KJo can be assigned +EV from this position in the first place. A line has to be drawn for the hands that are worthy of a bet in the BB.

With three limpers, a hand like KJ is vulnerable to domination.

Domination by what?

It's dominated by AJ, AK, KQ, JJ, KK, and AA.

Which one of those is limping in here?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:58 AM

I see your point smasharoo. But what I worry about is bloating the pot with an offsuit hand. People will have correct odds to call with gutshots on the flop almost definitely.