Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Big Bet

There is a banner for Big Bet on this forum now. Anyone play there? What's the skiny? Put my possum down.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Big Bet

I've played at Big Bet many times. It is a very respectable site and has a lot of action considering how new it is. There is usually around 3-4 tables of games going. The competition is pretty tough. I used to play all the time but have since went back to party for a break. They also have a lot of promotions. Nice ones like $1000 and $2000 freerolls with only 50 participants. And a daily high hand that will get taken down by 4 of a kind on some days. Anyway - Good luck if you go. If not - good luck anyway.

Bubs
Old 08-12-2003, 09:06 PM

i have to agree with budmack it is very good site. Awesome customer service and have to love the promotions.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:58 PM

Default Spam meter just went on tilt

"Awesome customer service" .... hmmmm, think you could be any more vague .... ?
Old 08-13-2003, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Spam meter just went on tilt

I have also had good experiences there, and as far as good customer service i think he means quick cashouts and timely emails.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:01 AM

"he" meaning GreenSmoke? LOL
Old 08-13-2003, 01:03 AM

I had hoped to never hear that name again. Im pretty sure he has broken up with that whole scene, and is off on his own. He spammed a few emails a couple months back with an advert of his new site he plans.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:57 AM

Maybe so, but why is he leading the players points promo there?

*edit* Also, I didn't mean to infer that he had anything to do with any operational aspect of BBP or PokerPot, but that he appears to have begun posting here again, as has StarsChamp or OC.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:49 PM

Because the banner was on this site, I checked out BB on Friday...I was not too impressed. Only about 3 tables going, and the place seemed dead. Furthermore, I didn't like the graphics/software. I doubt I will play there again.

This got me thinking about these smaller sites in general, and I wonder why anyone would really want to play at them, especially if the software is not topnotch. Most of the top sites offer great graphics and more importantly, action at all poker forms, 24/7 - lots of money going through.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me why it is worth their time to play at these "dead" sites?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:59 PM

Well i would say the small sites have to offer promotions or something different. Big Bet has lots of promotions. A site like Dynamite - has very interesting and unusual tournaments.

usually, most regular payers dont play at small sites unless they are bonus whores or like to play short-handed against regular ring game players.

I think at the smaller sites you get a fair mix of props, bonus whores and complete newbies that do not know of anyother sites - with a few regulars that like the site for whatever reason.

However, I think the software is pretty good IMO. It is similar in Paradise in style and not as slow as other small sites.

Bubs