Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2003, 06:28 PM

Default Your worst \"Oops!\" moments

Just curious ...

The other day I was playing three tables at a time at UB and was in the big blind on all three at the same time, so I was clicking buttons at a frantic pace. I hit check-fold on the first two, and of course those two check around so I have to do more button clicking. As I'm trying to rush, the third table pops up and I go to hit fold and try to rush back to the other two. I barely notice my red aces flying into the muck.

AAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this ... but then I play at microlimits. Do any of you have stories where you hit the wrong button and it cost you a huge pot?

— Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Your worst \"Oops!\" moments

That's not so bad, maybe you would have had someone outdraw you post flop. I once folded the nut straight on the river with a sizeable pot because I was playing multiple tables and not paying attention. A much bigger mistake.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:35 PM

I checkraised-3-bet the river last week with 54 on a board of Q 7 6 T 8. Hooray I made my straight..
Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 PM

I'm a card carrying member of the Ultimate Sucker(tm) Club - its happened to me on a few occasions. One table being forced to front while the action is on you at another has to be the second worst feature of UB's software. The worst, IMO, is having no gap between the action buttons. I've lost countless dollars by accidentally hitting the raise button on the river or just calling with the nuts.

Maybe I'm just clumsy. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

V.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:25 PM

I've made a few costly mistakes in the past but one really stands out.
A few weeks ago I folded the nut flush on the turn after it came to me raised. I hit the wrong button and the pot was over $200. No wonder my results aren't so great at PS. I now own a larger monitor.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The worst, IMO, is having no gap between the action buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind this one so much. You have to be somewhat careful, but I've never minded too much.

On the other hand ...

[ QUOTE ]
One table being forced to front while the action is on you at another has to be the second worst feature of UB's software.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is terrible.

Most of the time, I put the UB tables in miniView and can stack up to three tables top to bottom on the screen with no overlapping. That didn't save me on the one hand, though.

That "bet pot" button they have sucks, too ... bad players can disguise their bad bets better. Can't stand that.

- Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 10:11 PM

i like the bet pot button.

against 90% of the players on UB, you can automatically put them on a weak hand when they don't bet the pot. that to me more than makes up for them betting the pot on bluffs slightly more often.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against 90% of the players on UB, you can automatically put them on a weak hand when they don't bet the pot. that to me more than makes up for them betting the pot on bluffs slightly more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Most of time in my no-limit games (with lots of things with gills, hint hint) there is A) a lot of minimum bets/raises, and B) a lot of pot size bets/raises. It's sometimes hard to tell who is and isn't bluffing ... which is why at the micro-limits I tend to play ABC (solid) poker anyway.

Of course, playing ABC poker doesn't suggest mucking rockets ... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

- Dan
Old 08-07-2003, 01:28 AM

A couple months after I started playing 5/10 at True I did this beauty (I get extra points cause it was just a single table):

Im UTG+1 with KK. Raise preflop, MP 3 bets, BB calls, I cap.

Flop K94 rainbow.

I bet. MP calls. BB folds.

Turn 9

I bet, MP calls.

River: 2

I click fold. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Unashamed, the MP shows me TT. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Still haven't figured out how or why they switched the Bet and Fold buttons for that round in that game only. I didn't need that $100 anyways.

OOOOOPS!

Pack
Old 08-07-2003, 04:23 AM

I play on party most of the time but I alwasy put money in stars for their deposit bonuses. On party I never hit the wrong buttons, it makes me click the fold check and bet twice. But on poker stars one click does the job and it's cost me quite a bit of money.

Yesterday I had K/2s ($100 buy-in NL) and some raised to 2 and someone else raised to 10 and the table popped up (right before I clicked the scroll bar on a webpage) and I accidently raised to 18. Flops comes 2 2 5. So here I am thinking I luck as hell. I bet 2 bucks and he raises me 15 more and I raise all-in. He calls and turn is a J and river is 10. He flips over pocket 10's and takes down $220 pot.