Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 06:23 PM

Default AKs with fd against two plrs - bet for value?

Here's a situation which I often get into problems with. I get big slick, but have a tendency of getting too aggressive with it. I've played at this table for about ~50 hands, and the BB seems to be a calling station - went to showdowns over 40%. UTG seems to be quite passive - on several occasions he's had TPTK but doesn't bet out.

Pacific Poker 2/4 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero checks</font>

Couple of questions:

Is it correct to bet out on the flop? (I reckoned, that since the flush arrives in ~35% + my overcards, it's positive EV, right?)

What about the turn? Should I have taken the free-card here? With four or more opponents or head-up I easily bet out, but I suspect I threw away one unnecessary bet there...

Betting the river is certainly out of the question..

Any thoughts..?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: AKs with fd against two plrs - bet for value?

This is good. You have ~15 outs on the turn (~33% equity), and there has to be some fold equity there. If they do call, and you don't improve on the river you can take a free showdown.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:37 PM

Yes, your equity on the flop is pretty large, considering that you havn't seen any aggression and you should push your edge. Depending on reads you may be able to get 2 callers to fold here with a bet, but I doubt it.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:48 PM

Preflop/Flop look good to me.
Id check behind on the turn and take the free card though.
Id also check behind on the river like you did.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:06 PM

Flop is a definite bet, and the turn is close. You have 9 flush outs, 3 straight outs, (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a duplicate) and you can give yourself about 1.5 each for your overcards. I'm fine with a check behind or bet for value here.