Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Coordinated board and lots of action...would you call this turn?

MP3 is LAGGY(47/17/2.5 over 200+ hands)
UTG is unknown

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

If I was positive all my outs were alive, I wouldn't be sweating this hand so much...but I could be drawing dead already with so much action after my raise. Opinions?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Coordinated board and lots of action...would you call this turn?

I think a fold is the play of choice. Even if you're not drawing dead, it will sometimes be a chop with a hand like 78 or a made straight
Old 09-04-2005, 01:50 AM

Pre-flop: Ok I guess. For me, it would have to be a particularly good table.

Flop: I like the bet. MP3's raise behind sucks.

Turn: I don't understand the raise... I probably fold when it gets back to me... You're probably drawing to a split at best...
Old 09-04-2005, 02:53 AM

I think you have to fold this pre-flop from MP2 after only one limper, even at a good table. You just don't have the odds to play and there are 5 potential raisers behind you.

I think you have to call here after UTG caps the turn. You are getting 8-1 after MP3 calls plus probably another bet or two on the river if you connect. Sure, your straight outs are not always good and you might chop sometimes, but you are getting enough overlay, since you are a little better than 5-1 to hit.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:00 AM

Hrm, interresting hand. I think preflop is something I would personally call, because I like playing suited one gappers - they have been good to me in the past.

On the flop, I like the bet, but the raise by MP3 gets me a little worried, I think I would call here to see if my hand improves.

The Turn raise kind of baffles me a bit. Why raise a hand that just gave your opponents one of your draws? I think I would fold in this spot personally, considering that UTG is unknown. If it was MP3 in the position of UTG I would say the raise is correct. But I can't see any reason to do it in this position.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:26 AM

I don't understand the turn bet.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:29 AM

id fold the turn, since it doesnt like 6/8 are likely out, and a rivered straight can easily be chopped or lose to a boat.

edit: forgot to mention that id only call (not raise) the turn when action first hits me.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:13 AM

Unfortunately I think you have to fold here.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:15 PM

I made the turn-bet raise to increase my winning chances... I see the first player opening the betting as probably having a better hand than me. I need to try to push out the other two players behind me if possible. I can't fold because the pot is too big, and calling really gains me nothing...hence the raise. It potentially drives out someone drawing to the gutshot draw above me(someone holding a 10 or a 3), or possibly pushing out 2 pair here. Giving them 5 to 1 is better than giving them 9 to 1(what they'd be getting if I just called)

Unfortunately it didn't work that way and I was left in the rather precarious position I was left in. Possibly calling 2 more bets when I could now(following the betting patterns) be drawing dead to every out...

*EDIT* As for the flop bet, I made it specifically BECAUSE I knew the LAG would raise. If he had any piece of this board, he'd raise and possibly push out the other players, allowing me to go heads up against a loose player with a very strong drawing hand and his belief that I've been playing fairly tight at the table. How could he possibly put me on 86s? My implied odds against him heads up are potentially staggering.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:30 PM

You really over-valued your draw in such a small pot.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (7.20 BB) 6 (4 players)
UTG bets, Hero raises

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF??