Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2003, 07:40 PM

Default 24hpoker

It seems that I have read some good things about 24h poker on 2+2?

I downloaded the software and have visited the sites twice - But it looks pretty dead to me. 1 game of .25-.50 - with 30% at the flop and a game of .5-1 with 35% of the flop. Not too much fun? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I think I also read it has nice tournaments? DOes any one know if that is the case?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2003, 10:12 PM

Default Re: 24hpoker

They seem to be pushing their PLO games very strongly at the moment. There is often a $5/$10 PLO table going, and the $50/$100 PLO recently caused a stir.

They also offer tournaments, but most of them are freerolls. And they are structured with very short intervals between limit/blind changes.

Simon
Old 01-26-2003, 10:16 PM

They run freeroll tourney's several times each day with small prize funds. A lot of the tourney's are "blitz" format, where the blinds increase every 5 minutes. Although it makes the tourneys go faster than other sites (which is good if you can't dedicate the 4-5 hours it takes to make a final table at a PokerStars freeroll), it doesn't IMO reward good play. Seems to me it's just a matter of catching good cards quickly before the blinds put you all in.

In addition to low traffic, the biggest drawback I've found is the response time. The software seems incredibly slow....or maybe it's just me?!
Old 01-27-2003, 12:22 AM

Although it makes the tourneys go faster than other sites (which is good if you can't dedicate the 4-5 hours it takes to make a final table at a PokerStars freeroll), it doesn't IMO reward good play. Seems to me it's just a matter of catching good cards quickly before the blinds put you all in.

Depends what you mean by good play . Part of good play has to be adapting to the structure of the tournament - if it is a slow structure, you can play more patient and vice versa, you need to get a move on with a fast structure.

Despite being all in more often than not inside the first 10-20 minutes, good play can still be rewarded at 24h.

I did not like the lightning fast structures at first - and you used to start with 500 chips too. I suggested they use 1,000 as your starting amount instead, which they tried out and now I actually prefer 24h freerolls to most others on the net (simply because I know that it wont take two, three or four hours to make the final table!).

The only problem is I cant seem to make a hand stick there at the moment and haven't made a final on the site for ages, how are you getting on?

Simon
Old 01-27-2003, 01:28 AM

Im having fun with this site i like the fast rounds. I have made the final table 3 times in the last 2 weeks(if i can anyone can). I dont plan on making a deposit yet until theres more traffic but it seems to be doing better.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:43 AM

Hello,
We have attracted mainly European players and our peak times reflect that. Currently we average 70 cash.game players every night and have recently seen games 24h/day.

We are increasing traffic for every day and our Omaha games have become immensly popular at all levels.

However with increased traffic we of course hope to fill teh tables with Hold'em limit players as well.

I could go on but will try not to spam any forum and will therefore stop now and refer you to our web so that those interested can read about promos and stuff.

As to the software being slow, it is probably due to the computer you are running our software on. We use Java and this requires a lot more RAM than the other C++ clients.

Best regards
Old 01-27-2003, 11:44 AM

I Hate 8 Handed Tables [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

PokerStars+UB change from 9 to 10 Handed
What you think WHY ?
Old 01-27-2003, 02:31 PM

We cannot please anyone nor do we aim to. If sites reasoned the way you do, we would end up with a bunch of sites that all looked alike. I do not think that is preferable.

When we have a large anough player base we will offer both 2, 5, 8 and 10 handed tables. For now, we get a lot of action among a lot of new palyers that are not quite as disciplined to wait for cards as is necessary at a 10-handed table.

I believe there is an opportunity for players who can adapt as well as well as for the players seeking a more manageable loose way of playing.

Best regards
Old 01-27-2003, 03:25 PM

Ok, so there's at least some hope for us 10-handed supporters. I'll stop by when you get there.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:27 PM

We cannot please anyone nor do we aim to.

I don't think this is what Stefan meant to say [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]