Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 PM

Default 99 .25-.50 Scary Turn Bet

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

Comments on all streets appreciated. I felt like he had the flush on the turn, but the pot was too big for me to let go because I also thought it was possible he was trying to use the spade as a scare, or semi-bluffing with the flush draw + 2 overs.

Oh, and villain is new to the table but had played his first 6 hands all to the flop at least.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: 99 .25-.50 Scary Turn Bet

Any reads?

I 3-bet preflop most of the time.

The turn raise could mean a lot of things, as you noted, but unless this is exactly a semi-bluff with spades + overs, your 1 pair is now behind. I don't think i can fold the turn, though.

That river sucks. I'm tempted to make a crying call getting almost 12:1, but unless Villain is insane, you should probably fold. I would, however, call a non-spade, non-ace river.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:27 PM

I really don't like the CC pre-flop. There are situations that it is the right play, but not here IMO.

I'm suspicious of UTG+1's flop check. This board probably didn't hit anyone (but I haven't played this level in a while, so it may have). I really wish he woulda bet it, so we could raise. Meh, flop bet is good.

The turn card aslo completes a straight draw, not just the flush. Without a read on the villain, I give him some credit for one of the made hands he is represnting. (2 pr, straight, flush with the flush being most likely). If hero rivers a 9, he can check/call.

River card doesn't help you, and I don't think you are good 1 in 12 times here.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:37 PM

I 3-bet this in this position with reads considered. However, even against an unknown table here I think I would 3-bet it out.

That turn card is scary, considering it completes a flush draw and some curious straight draws, which tend to happen at this level. I would say most of the time I would check or check/raise this turn to get some information.

River does nothing for you, and people love holding A-rag at .25/.50 all day until it magically appears. A good percentage of the time your not ahead even if you hit your 9, so I would say watch any aggression on the turn or river here, especially from people who are just waking up.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:48 AM

3-bet preflop.