Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 PM

Default ace turn card and a donk bet into my KK

Villian is loose and can be aggressive and I have no read on the third player in this hand.

It would be tough to put villian on a 2 since he limped utg but 22 and most Ax would be within in his range.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font> Hero???
Old 09-08-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: ace turn card and a donk bet into my KK

Probably MP1 was chasing his overcard/wheel draw on the flop and just caught top pair, which he's testing out by betting into his two opponents. He'd probably prefer not to get raised, but I don't think he's releasing his hand, either.

I would fold.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:54 PM

Looks like a tough spot with a coordinated board. I often find myself in this position with cowboys and am anticipating the responces to this thread.

Personally, and I don't think this is correct, I would raise on the turn to see if I can get a proper read instead of calling down. Considering your read on MP1 it's a little hard to do so with this board, but a raise in this position might make him put you on AK or a higher A (hope he doesn't have a 2) and you might get a freecard on the river considering that Button folds, which is alot to say without reads.

Only other option is to fold here.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is loose and can be aggressive and I have no read on the third player in this hand.

It would be tough to put villian on a 2 since he limped utg but 22 and most Ax would be within in his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody limped UTG...I guess you're calling MP1 "villan," tho.

If you think MP1 would limp preflop with Ax, then you can fold right here. If you have seen him be tricky (donk-betting a small pair, donk-betting a scare card) then call down.

Pretty simple, really.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, and I don't think this is correct, I would raise on the turn to see if I can get a proper read instead of calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that you would follow a course of action that you don't think is correct. If only I had a nickle for every time I've done this....

Given OP's read, why would you raise? Calling down will cost you the same amount, and you'd see a showdown. I think you can safely fold, here, or call down if your read is not that solid, but IMO raising is just spewage...among other things, what would you do if 3-bet?