Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 AM

Default I\'m looking through the terms and conditions on Party Affilliates

Do you have to have a constant stream of new customers to maintain your affilliate account?

I can't find anythign in the T&C about this (the affilliate splash/faq/agreement).

--Dave.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: I\'m looking through the terms and conditions on Party Affilliates

Anecdotally, it seems like they axed a bunch of affiliates a few months ago for inactivity. Mostly guys who signed up all their buddies and themselves at once and hadn't brought in new business since that point.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to have a constant stream of new customers to maintain your affilliate account?
I can't find anythign in the T&C about this (the affilliate splash/faq/agreement).

[/ QUOTE ]

Affiliate Agreement -

[ QUOTE ]
5.3 Termination By Us. We may terminate this Agreement, without cause at any time, upon written notice to you which we may send by email to such email address you have provided to us or by fax to such fax number you may have provided to us. In the event we terminate, we shall be entitled to automatically render any Trackers inoperative.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anecdotally, it seems like they axed a bunch of affiliates a few months ago for inactivity. Mostly guys who signed up all their buddies and themselves at once and hadn't brought in new business since that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Is it in their T&C (other than that they can arbitrarily shut down affilliates)? I searched for "inactivity" on this forum but found nothing in regards to what I am asking about.

Is there somewhere that I can read about this?

But thanks for the answer.

--Dave.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:58 PM

I don't have any first hand knowledge on the subject, but I've read a few times recently that you need to sign up a new player at least every 3 months.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it in their T&C (other than that they can arbitrarily shut down affilliates)? I searched for "inactivity" on this forum but found nothing in regards to what I am asking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
The arbitrary termination clause seems sufficient [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

You aren't going to find what you are looking for in the affiliate T&C. The policies do exist and they have been reported many times in the Zoo by their victims. They enable Party to effectively deal with little frauds where people sign themselves up. They also cheat many people who are enticed with promises that if they signup their friends they will receive their rake forever. Party keeps the customers and then cuts off the money when the individual runs out of friends to sign up. If you only find a couple of players you will never see anything.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The arbitrary termination clause seems sufficient [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If that's the case, then any affilliate, RB or no, is on the same thin ice. What matters in this matter is precedents set, and if they have any specific, public policy in this regard.

[ QUOTE ]

You aren't going to find what you are looking for in the affiliate T&C. The policies do exist and they have been reported many times in the Zoo by their victims. They enable Party to effectively deal with little frauds where people sign themselves up. They also cheat many people who are enticed with promises that if they signup their friends they will receive their rake forever. Party keeps the customers and then cuts off the money when the individual runs out of friends to sign up. If you only find a couple of players you will never see anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a hell of a lot of sense, though. Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-21-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to have a different opinion on that. From personal experience, this is not the case.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. If that's the case, then any affilliate, RB or no, is on the same thin ice.

[/ QUOTE ]
But that's exactly the way it is. Why do you assume otherwise?

Except I'm sure that affiliates with real clout negotiated this clause away before signing with Party. No big business with lawyers on retainer is going to put up with Party's ridiculous terms.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. If that's the case, then any affilliate, RB or no, is on the same thin ice.

[/ QUOTE ]
But that's exactly the way it is. Why do you assume otherwise?

Except I'm sure that affiliates with real clout negotiated this clause away before signing with Party. No big business with lawyers on retainer is going to put up with Party's ridiculous terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for clarity:

The process of acquiring clout with party is to bring them lots of new players, right? If this is true, then when you get big enough to start to negotiate with them, why would they bother to listen? Why wouldn't they just remove your MGR pay at that point? It seems that by the time you're big enough to negotiate, they're strong enough to be in the best position to negotiate.

It seems that the way that they would choose if you were worth negotiating with would be the number of new signups you got per month (and their MGR), as opposed to your total existing MGR.

Any insight as to how to develop and exercise clout with party would be lovely.

Also, I've come up with a pet name for the arbitrary closure clause: The YSSCKY Clause. It has a nice ring to it.