Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Bar Stool Pundits: Week 2

In week 1, the Bar Stool Pundits provide two of the strongest indicators ever. I searched high and low for anyone who liked Detroit or the 9ers and got zilch. That is a fantastic sign, so we faded the Pundits and we are 2-0. Thank you Bar Stool Pundits!

This week, the plays are not as strong. None of the lines are as one-sided as the 9ers were last week.

But we do have a couple. Please be clear that these are *not* my picks. The Bar Stool Pundits have picked these games.

1. San Diego is a big favorite with the BSPs this week. With a historically strong home-field advantage, facing a division rival they routinely beat up on, and being the home-opener to boot, the BSPs can't wait to unload against Denver. Although the yahoo experts went with Denver 3 out of 4, it's still a strong pick because the BSPs are so overwhelmingly on San Diego.

Take Denver -3.

2. In an emotional home opener, a dogfight of a game, Atlanta showed everyone what they're made of. Now the BSPs are convinced. Atlanta can't be stopped! Certainly not by the likes of that pansy squad up there in coffee-house-land. Don't bother to consider things like a short week, a long flight, three scoreless quarters, or anything like that, just unload the house on Vicks birds baby! The Yahoo experts went for ATL 3 out of four, which is a good sign.

Take Seattle -1.

The BSP record so far:

Week 1:
Green Bay +3 at Detroit: loss
Rams -4.5 at 9ers: loss

natedogg
Old 09-16-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Bar Stool Pundits: Week 2

I like the Chargers quite a bit too, but I also like Seattle a lot. I guess this makes me only semi-retarded. I've already made my SD bets so no going back there. I'm hoping that Seattle moves to a pick.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In an emotional home opener, a dogfight of a game, Atlanta showed everyone what they're made of. Now the BSPs are convinced. Atlanta can't be stopped! Certainly not by the likes of that pansy squad up there in coffee-house-land.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao natedogg
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 AM

Yeah, ATL coming off a short week + emotional win + road game + cross country makes Seattle pretty attractive in this game.
However, they did have a tough time beating the Falcons backups at the end of last year if I recall correctly?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 AM

True, which makes this quote very funny to me (from kffl)

Falcons | Garnering Respect from Hasselbeck
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:21:30 -0700

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Seattle Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck offered high praise to the Atlanta Falcons after watching their Week 1 performance; a 14-10 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. "This looks like a much better Falcons team than we saw eight months ago," said Hasselbeck, whose Seahawks defeated the Falcons 28-26 in the 2004 regular-season finale. "They look very impressive, and I'd have to say that they look like the favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl right now."
Old 09-18-2005, 08:52 AM

Just to throw a little more BSP info out there, looking at the ESPN Experts picks, all 6 that have posted their picks (Chris Mortensen and Eric Allen not posted yet) have the Chargers. But they're split 3-3 on Sea-Atl. I'm sure some of them are considering Atlanta having to go across country on the road after a big Monday night home win.

How about Tennessee as a BSP pick? Ravens - 3 1/2, 79% of Yahoo likes Baltimore to win, 3 of 4 Yahoo experts like Baltimore, and 6 of 6 ESPN experts like Baltimore.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Bar Stool Pundits: Week 2.nate..

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].. i love your thinking...i really think you are on to something...lol

but now ya gotta contend with the

scalf jynx

try to beat that...

lol

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to throw a little more BSP info out there, looking at the ESPN Experts picks, all 6 that have posted their picks (Chris Mortensen and Eric Allen not posted yet) have the Chargers. But they're split 3-3 on Sea-Atl. I'm sure some of them are considering Atlanta having to go across country on the road after a big Monday night home win.

How about Tennessee as a BSP pick? Ravens - 3 1/2, 79% of Yahoo likes Baltimore to win, 3 of 4 Yahoo experts like Baltimore, and 6 of 6 ESPN experts like Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Baltimore is certainly a strong BSP favorite. Let's go ahead and add'em to the card.

This week, the BSP's have led us to take:

Denver -3
Seattle -1
Tennesee + 3.5

God that looks ugly. HA.

natedogg
Old 09-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Default 2-0-1(3-0) Looks good to me

"This week, the BSP's have led us to take:

Denver -3
Seattle -1
Tennesee + 3.5

God that looks ugly. HA"

Laughing my way to the bank, I got Den - 2.5 in Vegas at the Rampart and swept the board on sides today from the BSP. Add the fact the shoe in of the week won, its almost enough to go on a bender.........
Old 09-18-2005, 08:23 PM

this is good stuff, looking forward to next week's!