Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 AM

Default wierd blind battle

villian is unknown

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: wierd blind battle

I like it, it's a safe way to play this hand
Old 12-19-2005, 04:27 PM

I don't know I think you're good a lot here. People usually raise Ax from the SB and he doesn't flop a flush very often. I think I would 3-bet. If he caps, call and fold UI on the turn. If he calls bet/fold the turn and either bet/fold or check through the river UI depending on the board.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Could just be a diamond. I think my line would be call the check raise, raise a non-diamond turn, and take the free show down. If he reraises or donks you at any point I'd be done with the hand. When he's drawing, make him pay for it. If a diamond falls, you can fold with a smile.

Without position, I play this the same.

-dave
Old 12-19-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I think you're good a lot here. People usually raise Ax from the SB and he doesn't flop a flush very often. I think I would 3-bet. If he caps, call and fold UI on the turn. If he calls bet/fold the turn and either bet/fold or check through the river UI depending on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any reason (other than metagame) to call a flop cap? Just curious.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any reason (other than metagame) to call a flop cap? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure. I think our outs non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] outs are good some part of the time. I think it would be +EV to continue if we hit. Whether that's really enough to call the flop without the meta game considerations, I don't know.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we're ahead often here. However, I don't really see the point of a 3-bet. I prefer to call, and then raise the turn for a free showdown. This doesn't let him off the hook as easily when he has a worse hand than you. You also charge him the most when he's got weak flush draw.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:46 PM

I think I like loafers line the best. The only fault I can see is that we don't get to showdown if 3-bet on the turn. Well we don't know if SB's ove aggressive or not, but if he is I'd just call down and not raise preflop.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 PM

i dont think he has an Ace or a flush, so I think we're ahead here enough to continue. My question is to 3bet the flop or raise the turn. I like a turn raise because we can fold if a diamond comes and not spent any more $ and if it's a non-diamond it makes drawing really expensive for him (when we raise). I also dont think we need to worry about calling a 3bet on the turn from an unknown, however I think we do have to call a flop 3 bet and I dont want to do that.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we're ahead often here. However, I don't really see the point of a 3-bet. I prefer to call, and then raise the turn for a free showdown. This doesn't let him off the hook as easily when he has a worse hand than you. You also charge him the most when he's got weak flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good line as well