Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 03:03 AM

Default 3/6 LO8 - Bet paired river?

Villain is very LAG, call with almost any 4 preflop, always call a raise from the BB, always bets out when checked to on two-high card flop with any pair when there is a raise PF, usually bets when no raise pf and checked to him. Rarely fold anything better than 2nd pair until the river unless obviously beaten.

3/6 LO8 (Stars)

Villain (UTG) limps, 2 folds, Hero (button) raises AA64, SB folds, BB calls, Villain calls

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Villain bets, Hero raises, BB folds, Villain calls

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain calls

River T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero...
Old 10-15-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: 3/6 LO8 - Bet paired river?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Burdz - Given your description of Villain, I'd guess Villain does not have a ten or a full house here. Thus I think you have the winning hand.

With many opponents this would be a place to check because anybody who doesn't have you beat will fold and therefore betting gains you nothing and may lose you a bet. However, given your description of Villain, Villain might call with kings and tens (two pair), or even something worse. Therefore I'd go ahead and bet this river. Maybe you'll collect an extra bet, and if you don't, at least you won't have to show your hand. You clearly don't want Villain to check-raise you here, but I'd go ahead and take that chance.

Buzz
Old 10-15-2005, 09:02 AM

Burd,

To me, the big difference between this AA hand and your other AA hand you posted is the pair on the board.

This makes a big difference.

I would bet the river. I would expect villian to call thinking his pair is higher than your pair and not giving you credit for a two way hand.

Dave
Old 10-15-2005, 09:44 AM

As Buzz stated, this is usually a place where I check behind. Most of the time the only hands that call you on the river are better hands. However, I think this is a great spot to value bet your overpair against a LAG. I think he will call with Kxxx here often enough to make it the right play. If I get check-raised, I know for sure Im probobly beat, but there is too much in the pot to fold at this point.

BTW, you played the previous 3 streets fine.