Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Default reality check, AhJh in the bb...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

am i nuts?? i mean i gotta be seriously dominated and i'll just be calling if i hit a j top pair due to pot size...is my suitedness enough to make up for it??

-Barron
Old 02-22-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: reality check, AhJh in the bb...

I think calling this preflop would be pretty terrible.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:09 PM

I think this is an easy muck for me.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an easy muck for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks...just checking b/c this is SOP for me and somebody whose opinion i trust said that it was worth a call for the times i hit a flush and/or two pair or better...i didnt think so...so i posted it to be sure...

-Barron
Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 PM

If this were the case, the fact that it was AJ wouldn't matter. Any two suited would do. Which it clearly won't.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:13 PM

I think you gotta muck it.

Yeah you're suited, but you are really only getting about 4:1 and are out of position. Plus you are probably drawing to a 3 outer at best, and in many cases you are crushed.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:15 PM

I had this same situation, i mean identical (though it may have been mp2 that cold called) the other day and i mucked it without a second thought, i really cant imagine calling. As always, i could be way off... Edit: Read the other replies and found out im not way off.

-Brad
Old 02-22-2005, 08:34 PM

UTG raise, button 3bet is an easy fold.

CO raise button 3bet is not. Neither is button raise SB 3bet.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM

Two players cold called two bets and figure to call two more bets. So you will be getting 6.66:1 on your call, 6:1 if one of them folds. If the small blind just cold called the buttons raise would you play? Would you cap it if you did?

I think the answer to your question lies in the players in the game. If they will hang on with little because of the size of the pot then calling might be the best action.

It's about 7.5:1 to flop a four flush, and 1.86:1 to make it if you do. You also can make the nut straight, two pair or trips. Even an ace might be good (but it might cost a lot to find out otherwise). You can also lose to a boat if you make the flush.

If you do flop the four flush you may get many players hanging on to see the turn for a few bets.

I think its a close decision, but I would call in most Party games. It the game was tight, or the players played well after the flop, I would probably fold.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two players cold called two bets and figure to call two more bets. So you will be getting 6.66:1 on your call, 6:1 if one of them folds. If the small blind just cold called the buttons raise would you play? Would you cap it if you did?

I think the answer to your question lies in the players in the game. If they will hang on with little because of the size of the pot then calling might be the best action.

It's about 7.5:1 to flop a four flush, and 1.86:1 to make it if you do. You also can make the nut straight, two pair or trips. Even an ace might be good (but it might cost a lot to find out otherwise). You can also lose to a boat if you make the flush.

If you do flop the four flush you may get many players hanging on to see the turn for a few bets.

I think its a close decision, but I would call in most Party games. It the game was tight, or the players played well after the flop, I would probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks george.

-Barron