Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Legal Advice Accident/Ticket

[ QUOTE ]
I think the deal here is they wrote up the wrong details on the car. That may be your only saving grace in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

a judge will not dismiss the violation just b/c the cop wrote green instead of black

either way, fight it and see if the cop doesn't show...that will be his only saving grace

if u lose ask for traffic school or else your insurance will be double [censored]
Old 12-28-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a judge will not dismiss the violation just b/c the cop wrote green instead of black

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Mercury Cougar and got a speeding ticket about four years ago. The cop wrote "Toyota Celica" on the ticket. I fought it, went to court, and the cop gave his side of the story. Then I pulled out my registration card and bill of sale and said that he must've timed some other car then pulled me over. The judge then asked the cop if I was ever out of his sight and he said no. He then told the cop to consider offering me a lesser charge. He did, something like failing to obey posted signage or something like that. Something with just the base fine and no points, instead of the base + $$$ and the escalating points against my driving record. The judge then told me he couldn't advise me what to do.

I took the hint and took the deal. I got something like a $60 fine refund and no points, key to not affecting my insurance. After the judge entered the ruling, he asked me if I wanted to know how he would've ruled had I rejected the deal. Of course I was curious so I said yes. He told me that the word of an officer in good standing was sufficient evidence for him to believe without reasonable doubt that I was the driver that the officer clocked, and that he would've found me guilty of the speeding charge.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 AM

this all depends the argument is something to the effect of, how can I trust the office was paying attention and is following proicedure. If your expected to follow to the letter of the law, so is he which includes writing the ticket up correctly.

yes this answer is vague but I wind up fighting a ticket ever 2 or 3 months