Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 11:50 PM

Default I build a big pot and hit top pair

The PFR is LAGGRO, the other players are pretty LPP. Thoughts on this whole hand please

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 08-15-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: I build a big pot and hit top pair

Perfectly played, IMO.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:05 AM

interesting hand.
BB bets out on the flop representing what looks like to be a solid pair of Queens (i rule out overpair simply due to the PF action as well as large amount of players in this pot). BB then checks representing the King as a scare card, in which UTG (who just limped in PF) bets out. This scares me into thinking he has AK. If he had pocket kings I doubt he would have simply called this flop. He either has AK or KQ for top two. YOu then raise with AK and he simply calls (ruling out any set possibility as well as KQ). He then check raises the diamond river. Could he have filled up with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or maybe JT?
Interesting hand for sure. I wouldn't be shocked to see him runner a flusher.
Looking forward to the results.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:14 AM

I think you have to pay this off with this huge a pot. You just got trapped to a runner runner I guess. I like kids analysis. REally, whether the monster was hidden before the river or the river helped, you are obviously beat but still need to pay off. Does anyone think this is a leak in my game?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:29 AM

I think you are certainly beat, but since you only need to be right ~5% of the time you need to pay it off
Old 08-16-2005, 12:30 AM

I think the river call is definitely not horrible but it's probably slightly -EV.

He showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHING [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 12:34 AM

What about raising the flop for a free turn card? The pot's big enough that you'll be here until the river anyways, and with the amount of strength you've shown there's a good chance you'll get it.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:36 AM

Perfectly played. NH.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:18 AM

If I had the Q, I'd 3B him in a heartbeat and if he just called, I'd bet into him on the turn as well, if no A... but your thought was my initial thought giving his position...
Old 08-19-2005, 06:10 AM

I'd fold the river.