Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 04:33 PM

Default PT questions & one on tiling

1) Is there a way to filter PT to just examine when I'm heads-up on the flop? I'm curious if my aggression is profitable or reckless...

2) I can't get GT + to show on my screen. Do the stats actually appear in, say, the Party window at the same time when I play? Or do you have to go back & forth to the GT window in side the PT program...my sense is that they were supposed to show up in the poker window...

3) Is it possible to print out my profitablity stats from position is PT? If so how?

Non PT question...
3) If I'm multi-tabling how do I get both screens to show top & bottom or side to side? What is the smallest monitor you would do this with? I have a 19" monitor but could go bigger if the investment is worth the added ease... For now it simply pops up in a new window each time and I think if it were side-by-side or top/bottom on my screen it would be easier but I'm not sure how to tile the windows...
Old 02-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: PT questions & one on tiling

[ QUOTE ]
1) Is there a way to filter PT to just examine when I'm heads-up on the flop? I'm curious if my aggression is profitable or reckless...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thism should do it...

Under GENERAL INFO tab, click the FILTERS button.

For the section where you select HANDS BETWEEN x AND x PLAYERS SEEING THE FLOP, put in 2 for each.

Click the radio button PUT MONEY IN under VOL. PUT $ IN POT.

That should give you heads up hands that you played.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) I can't get GT + to show on my screen. Do the stats actually appear in, say, the Party window at the same time when I play? Or do you have to go back & forth to the GT window in side the PT program...my sense is that they were supposed to show up in the poker window...

[/ QUOTE ]

GT+ will overlay the stats onto your Party table. You just must not be setting it up right.

1)Sit at a table and sit in at least one hand.
2)Import that hand into your PT database.
3)Open GT+ and click on the '+'
4)Under DATABASE : Select the database that you imported the hand to.
5)Under SCREEN NAME : Find your name
6)It will then list every table that you've played at. Pick the table that you are currently at and the stats will show up on that table.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Is it possible to print out my profitablity stats from position is PT? If so how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just go to the POSITION STATS tab on PT and at the upper left, there will be 2 small buttons. The red s is for sorting stats and the blue p is to print the stats.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Non PT question...
3) If I'm multi-tabling how do I get both screens to show top & bottom or side to side? What is the smallest monitor you would do this with? I have a 19" monitor but could go bigger if the investment is worth the added ease... For now it simply pops up in a new window each time and I think if it were side-by-side or top/bottom on my screen it would be easier but I'm not sure how to tile the windows...

[/ QUOTE ]

To get non-overlapping, I believe you have to be able view in 1600x1200 resolution. That depends on your monitor and video card if you can. If you use windows, to change your resolution, go to your desktop and right-click. Choose PROPERTIES from that drop down menu. Click on the SETTINGS tab and there will be an adjusting bar under SCREEN RESOLUTION. Move that bar to the right (MORE). If you get it to go to 1600x1200, click APPLY and then OKAY.

You might get some kind of pop-up warning message or asking you if you want to continue using this new resolution. Just click ok/yes.

BTW, sorry for the multiple posts. Didn't think I would have the time to answer all your questions but obviously I did.