Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Default F-In River: $3/$6 UB NL

Hero is sitting with about $650 or so. I just got stacked about an orbit or so ago when I re-raised about 20% of my stack PF with AA, and a guy flopped a set of nines on me.

I have played several pots since then, and have not had to show down my cards. It may appear as though I'm tilting.

Villian has been playing fairly well, and hasn't done anything too out of line. He has been caught bluffing a few times, but only in small pots. He has made a few very marginal call-downs on aggressive players.

I'm UTG + 1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG folds. Hero raises to $24. Folds to Villian on button who calls (Covers me). Blinds fold.

Flop: ($57) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>. Button calls.

Turn: ($157) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $140</font>. Villian calls.

River: ($437) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero .... ?

I have $436 behind.

Block bet?
Check/call a decent bet?
Something more drastic?

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Edited to add remaining stacks
Old 10-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: F-In River: $3/$6 UB NL

villian have you covered?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:21 PM

Tough spot. I was thinking bet $200 and fold to a raise but that sounds pretty crappy folding for like 5 to 1. So I don't think blocking can really work here, especially since a thinking opponent could sense a weaker bet and try to move you off (but hey, I guess that wouldn't be too bad if you decide to call down).

I am thinking check-call misses some value (what happens when he pushes?) and all-in would be tough for KQ type hands to call. So I guess I say bet $200, call the reraise and type NH. My second option would be to bet something stupid like $6 and try to pick off a bluff.

The other streets look fine.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villian have you covered?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG folds. Hero raises to $24. Folds to Villian on button who calls (Covers me). Blinds fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:48 PM

Bet $250 for value. If he is as you describe then it seems unlikely he had a flush or str8 draw. He almost surely can't bet if you check tho.

gl

dd
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM

Am I calling a raise? I'm getting like 6:1.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian has been playing fairly well, and hasn't done anything too out of line. He has been caught bluffing a few times, but only in small pots. He has made a few very marginal call-downs on aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on that I think you're ahead. KT shouldn't call EP raiser PF if he's playing well and something like JTc or T9c shouldn't really call that large of a raise heads up. Can rule out other club draws since you were betting heavily and the A and Q are both out. I think you're good here. I like a push to have him make a marginal call. I think you miss value checking. If you make a blocking bet you're pretty commited there if he raises and has you beat.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may appear as though I'm tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He has made a few very marginal call-downs on aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It may appear as though I'm tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He has made a few very marginal call-downs on aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think you answered your own question.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Results

I push.

He calls with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MHING