Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: F-In River: $3/$6 UB NL

The reason that I thought that this hand was interesting is because the ultimate scare card hit on the river.

If my hand is good... it's pretty tough for a worse hand to call.

If it's not... I only have fold equity against KTo, and even then, I probably won't get a fold.

I suppose that villian having a tendancy of calling down too much makes the push okay, but I'm still not sure.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:41 AM

I'll preface this by saying I'm fairly new to NL cash games(limit player), but do you ever consider overbetting that turn once he calls the flop bet? The board is fairly coordinated with two draws out there so I wouldn't hate taking it down there and I wouldn't mind calling all in if the overbet entices him to try and semi-bluff me out of the pot with an OESD or flush draw. It might be because I'm new, but there are a lot of cards that I hate to see on the river and have to play OOP.

Edit - Forgot to say I'd try betting 200 on the turn
Old 10-20-2005, 02:52 AM

The Ac did not help your hand, it weakened it. It's very unlikely that villain would hold off on two streets from raising with a set on such a draw heavy board. I don't think you have fold equity against KT or a baby flush in most situations so I like a check in this spot. If he bets you have a tough decision: He's probably aware that he is betting into a probable 2 pair/set, making this a suboptimal spot to bluff unless he puts you on exactly KK. Honestly the way he played it looks a lot like some combo st/flush draw and I would cautiously check and reevaluate if he bets. I like your PF, flop and turn bets, although I might consider a C/R all in on the turn against a tricky opponent.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:00 AM

Old 10-20-2005, 11:19 AM

solid post wallace