Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 02:56 AM

Default No Limit On Line (Blinds at 2 & 4)

Play is No Limit $2 - $4 blinds online, I am dealt TT in my first hand in the big blind. The player 1 off the gun opens by betting the pot. The action gets to me with only the raiser remaining in the pot. I re-raise making it $60 to go. He calls.

The flop comes somewhere along the lines of 7 6 3 rainbow. The only difference is that the 3 might have been a 2. Either or, it is irrelevant. Action is on me and I bet the pot ($120), because he did not come over the top of me pre-flop. In making that bet, I put him on AK or AQ. He calls. I put him on a made hand of some sort after he calls. I doubted he would call a bet of that size with only AK or AQ.

The turn brings a K. I bet $75 into a $360 pot for the following reason...

A) This bet might look somewhat of an enticing bet and may show that I am holding AK or AQ

B) If my opponent comes over the top of me, I can lay down my TT

C) I still have $145 left to shove in the pot on the river if I make my hand or if I want to go in on a steal if I think he has a hand that beats me.

A 9 hits the river and I go all-in for $145. After much deliberation the player types out the message "nh" (nice hand) then decides to call. He takes it down with QQ.

Hammer me if you must... Let me know if I played none of it correct to all but raking in the pot. The thing that stumpted me was him not coming over the top of me pre-flop or post-flop.

Please respond with your insight. Thank you for your time.

- "Life is too beautiful not to smile." - Michael Jensen