Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Worst... Xmas Presents... Ever

She probably just doesn't see it that way. She may figure you'd know better than her what you want.

Heck, you may even be a pain in the ass who is hard to please and not worth the effort when it comes to gift-giving LOL.

Maybe you're too critical.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A $50 check from my mother. Its what I got this year. You would think that after 37 years she care enough to try to get me a gift. Very disappointing.

PS: I bought her a 5MP Digital Camera & photo printer. I'm a good son [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what my parents get me every year. If I dont give them an actual list of stuff that I want they just cut me a check for 5 or 6 hundo. Its cool, but takes the fun out of it.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make almost as much as their entire family does while in college. I bought them a nice bottle of champagne... anyone who makes over 40k US a year can have several servants easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make so much then why are you obsessing about a few presents, someone should give you something like direction, or purpose. Seeing people far wealthier than me who are bitter and unhappy always gets to me. How are you making so much money anyways? P***r?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:14 PM

Professional knife fighter.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A $50 check from my mother. Its what I got this year. You would think that after 37 years she care enough to try to get me a gift. Very disappointing.

PS: I bought her a 5MP Digital Camera & photo printer. I'm a good son [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]i would like my mother to just give me a check.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:19 PM

I thought people were going to pipe in more with suggestions of their own.

Here are some of my worst received ones:

An album chosen by your mom who doesn't know your musical taste or think it matters much, since all the crap you listen to is pretty much the same anyway.

Underwear.

Socks.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think that after 37 years

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored]? You look 25.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:47 PM

You are embarrassing Reggie Bush and the rest of SC.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:12 PM

This wasn't the worst present I ever got but I made the poor giver feel like it was. This was probably 5th grade and the teacher had us all pick a name of a classmate to give a christmas gift. This happened probably right after Thanksgiving and a girl in the class who I assume by her actions probably had a crush on me got my name.

I was definitely uninterested in females at this age so it all went over my head. Anyway everyday for the 3 weeks leading up to the present exchange she would come up to me every chance she got and tell how much I was going to love this present.

It got so that I was actually really looking forward to the present she was building it up so much. The fateful day comes and this sweet young girl gives the present with anticipation in her eyes. Well what happened next would make a good Party Poker commercial with all the people with bad poker faces.

I opened the gift and it was a hand knitted scarf(by the hands of the sweet young thing). I was a polite little(well not so little as I was the tallest kid in the class but I digress) kid and would never do anything to be cruel. But I didn't like the present and it must have showed in my face because she started crying. And nothing I said could convince her that I liked the scarf, even wearing it all Winter.

To this day, I still feel bad about hurting that girl's feelings.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:20 PM

Ow. That's a sad story. Poor the both of you.

I was a clumsy kid plenty often, too. I guess everybody has some thoughtless things they really wish they could take back and still feel bad about.

The girl sounds adorable by the way. Funny how stories involving bungling things with girls are so easy to remember, even when they're not sexual.