Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Gaming Club Questions

I've been playing on your site for a few weeks and in general I enjoy the site. A few things that have been bugging me though....

I guess the first thing is: Why can't I chat with someone from TGC (a host or moderator or...?) live while I have these questions? Most places at least pretend to offer live help.

I played in the $7K tourney last night. I was expecting there to be some kind of prompt for the "end of the hour" add-on option. Towards the end of the first hour (just before the break) I tried the "chips" button only to get an "re-buy period is over" message and didn't get the same "advantage" as some of the field. It may not have mattered as I hit a run of fuglies during that stretch, but a nother rack may have been enough to get me within sight of the money. How is the add-on administered?

Why does there seem to be only one table at each limit open at a time? I always seem to have to get on the waiting list for the one available table for the limit I'm interested in.

Are there any plans to revamp the "pre-action" buttons? they're quite small and it's easy to hit the wrong button (and you can barely read the amount of the bet to you in the bottom left button). Along these same lines, I find the NL betting amount "bar" to be very cumbersome and it has caused me to choose an amount other than I wanted to raise because of trying to "dial it in."

Your site offers on-line notes but you can't tell immediately by looking at the player if you have taken notes before and it takes just long enough for the notes box to come up that it is not real useful. Any chance of marking the players (like party does) so you can tell just by looking at their name if you have notes on them?

One last complaint: You offer a "newbie" freeroll once a week, but it occurs at a time when I can't be available. (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Would it be possible to restrucure this feature to have a choice of 2 times so that everyone could have the opportunity to participate? I know this is a "freebie", but it's not much of an offer if I don't get the opportunity to participate.

I don't want this to be a totally negative post. I enjoy the variety of games available (even if they are only one table each) and I came aboard because of the WSOP satalite options. I just wanted to give some feedback hoping to influence some future version changes.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club Questions

Addons are bought at the end of the hour, ie after the first hand after the break the add-on is available for everbody, automatically, so if you are still in you ll get the option to buy or not to...

the bar might be a clumsy thing true, but you could just write the number you are to bet (PL or NL) in the raise box and press enter, that number will now be available on the raise vutton...
Old 12-19-2003, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Addons are bought at the end of the hour, ie after the first hand after the break the add-on is available for everbody, automatically, so if you are still in you ll get the option to buy or not to...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is what I would have expected, but I tried repeatedly (clicking the "chips" button) and all I got was the No more re-buys message. Very frustrating as I had decided to not re-chip when I was just below starting stakes about 10 minutes prior, figuring I would chip up at the add-on. Someone at the table commented that I just saved $22 which may be true, but It's my right to lose that $22 dammit!
Old 12-19-2003, 07:52 PM

The addon for the 20+2 tournament is only 10+1. What happens is that at the beginning of the break, it will go around the room asking everyone if you want to add-on. You don't need to click on the chips button. You get 30 secs or so to make up your mind, then the next person at the table has their chance. I agree that it is confusing and the first (and only so far) time that I have played in one of their tourneys with an add-on, I couldn't figure it out at first.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:41 AM

I finally saw it over the weekend. Sometimes its 20+, sometimes it's 10+? Who knows. It kind of pissed me off that they wait until your "break" to make you sit and wait for the prompt. I thought the "break" was the 5 minutes you can LEAVE THE COMPUTER without missing something. Kinda rough to sneak out and get my nicotine fix when I'm middle/end of the table waiting for the prompt box to come around.

Oh well, ya pays your money, ya takes your chances.

I was kind of hoping to get a response from the Gaming Club rep on these questions, but I guess you have to do something wrong to get their attention.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:48 AM

First off, our apologies for the delay in response. With the holiday season looming at the time of your post, we were very strapped for time. See our answers below:

[ QUOTE ]

I've been playing on your site for a few weeks and in general I enjoy the site

[/ QUOTE ]
We’re glad you’re enjoying it.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess the first thing is: Why can't I chat with someone from TGC (a host or moderator or...?) live while I have these questions? Most places at least pretend to offer live help.

[/ QUOTE ]
This will be happening in the near future. We can’t say exactly when though, as the project for a chat system is currently in development, but nonetheless it is coming.

[ QUOTE ]

I played in the $7K tourney last night. I was expecting there to be some kind of prompt for the "end of the hour" add-on option. Towards the end of the first hour (just before the break) I tried the "chips" button only to get an "re-buy period is over" message and didn't get the same "advantage" as some of the field. It may not have mattered as I hit a run of fuglies during that stretch, but a nother rack may have been enough to get me within sight of the money. How is the add-on administered?

[/ QUOTE ]
At present you can view re-buy and add-on details in the tournament lobby. It will let you know how long the facility is available for (i.e. up to what point you can re-buy or add-on). To make this easier, we’ve put a suggestion forward to Prima Poker to add information on tournament re-buy’s and add-on’s to the poker help files in the software and to also possibly have a prompt system (before the break), indicating when you can re-buy or add-on. We’re awaiting feedback as to what is happening on this.

[ QUOTE ]

Why does there seem to be only one table at each limit open at a time? I always seem to have to get on the waiting list for the one available table for the limit I'm interested in.

[/ QUOTE ]
More tables have been opened recently so there should be sufficient tables at the different limits. It is a supply and demand situation so if we do have more people requesting, we can arrange more tables. For now though, we won’t be adding extra tables. What limit do you most frequently play?

[ QUOTE ]

Are there any plans to revamp the "pre-action" buttons? they're quite small and it's easy to hit the wrong button (and you can barely read the amount of the bet to you in the bottom left button). Along these same lines, I find the NL betting amount "bar" to be very cumbersome and it has caused me to choose an amount other than I wanted to raise because of trying to "dial it in."

[/ QUOTE ]
We’re happy to tell you that both the pre-action buttons and betting slider are being reworked.

[ QUOTE ]

Your site offers on-line notes but you can't tell immediately by looking at the player if you have taken notes before and it takes just long enough for the notes box to come up that it is not real useful. Any chance of marking the players (like party does) so you can tell just by looking at their name if you have notes on them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Great suggestion. We’ve sent it on to Prima Poker to try and have this implemented.

[ QUOTE ]

One last complaint: You offer a "newbie" freeroll once a week, but it occurs at a time when I can't be available. (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Would it be possible to restrucure this feature to have a choice of 2 times so that everyone could have the opportunity to participate? I know this is a "freebie", but it's not much of an offer if I don't get the opportunity to participate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately in this case we can’t change the structure of tournament times as there is quite a lot that goes into scheduling (also having to contend with the other tournaments on the network that are running). Our hands are tied on this one.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't want this to be a totally negative post. I enjoy the variety of games available (even if they are only one table each) and I came aboard because of the WSOP satalite options. I just wanted to give some feedback hoping to influence some future version changes.

[/ QUOTE ]
We didn’t think this was negative at all. It’s just what we’re looking for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We’ll always try and accommodate requests as much as possible. Thank you for taking the time to post this and our apologies again for not being able to respond to you sooner. Your comments are much appreciated.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, our apologies for the delay in response. With the holiday season looming at the time of your post, we were very strapped for time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, understood.

[ QUOTE ]
...you can view re-buy and add-on details in the tournament lobby...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've since figured this out. The Add-On occurs during the "break". This is kind of funky. I thought the "break" was time when we could be away from the computer for 5 minutes without missing anything. I use this time to go outside and get my nicotine fix. I'm sure others use it for other pressing needs (such as bthroom breaks). It would sure make sense to me to do the add-on immediately before or after the break (not during "my 5 minutes") so the break is really a break. If i happen to be in the middle or end of the table, my "break" is cut in half.

[ QUOTE ]
We’re happy to tell you that both the pre-action buttons and betting slider are being reworked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear it.

My biggest current complaint (see my other post) is the that the site has become painfully slow. As I said there, I'm not currently playing at TGC regularly because of this. I really, really, really hope that this has been fixed before the Feb 14 WSOP satelite. I'm not looking forawrd to a tourney of that magnitude in a very slow environment.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:29 PM

Two things I have a problem with at TGC and probably every one else has the same griefs.

1. Raked hands, how many do I have?
2. Client text file of playing session?

I also hate the freeroll times. It seems like they were designed for the non-American people.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:56 PM

To be honest i dont know what ppl the tournies are desinged for for they aint happneing at decent times here either, i guess they are on when they want to keep ppl on, slow time...

for instance the 3k freebie is in 7AM, ie in the mornin for the europeans. (6AM for UK)
500 freebie (1) is 3 PM (2PM for UK)
500 freebie (2) is 6 PM (5PM for UK)

More likely that some of the europeans can join them, but still pretty early, lets face it most ppl play after work and not on, so they will log in some time as they come home 7PM-12PM, and as i see there it aint happening by then, so its obvious that these freebies are there for attracting traffic and not for pleasing you...
Old 01-09-2004, 10:14 PM

LOL Cant please everyone here
3k- Midnight
500(1) -8:30a
500(2) -1p