Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Confessions of a Winholdem User

Just out of curiousity, where were you playing and at what limits when you were discovered? What was the "penalty" for getting caught?
Old 03-18-2004, 01:50 PM

I won't say where, but i was playing 3/6 limit. I stonewalled when I was caught, and my account was cancelled, with my money being given back to me.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:29 PM

I have repeatedly stated that Winholdem doesn't have the proper information available to the end user to allow it to win.

The guy that wrote the program is a smart guy, but is clueless about basic holdem fundamentals. If a good winning player were to consult on the project, remove some of its useless symbols and features, and add the right information it could be programmed to beat the lower limits consistently.

The author's arrogrance, refusal to listen and addition of the team play hasn't helped his cause either.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:52 PM

savannah,

this page explains the formulas:
http://www.winholdem.net/help/help-formula.html
for an explanation of each and every symbol you can use:
http://www.winholdem.net/help/help-formula.html#symbols
apparently you did not read this

winholdem does have a betposition variable.
we are adding a dealposition variable since you make a valid point.

also, you cannot comment about the autoplay feature without commenting about your own formula skill. your 24-hour evaluation period gives you a chance to see the formula set that comes with the product. the very moment you license the product that formula set becomes yours. it plays as it does for better or worse. as it says in our license agreement - you are responsible for the way that it plays.
we do not write your formula AI for you. that is your responsibility. if you are not willing to spend the time building a formula set then you should not become a customer.

as another poster has pointed out to you, it looks like you had steady losses until you got our product at which point you ceased losing. so you like losing better?

winholdem support.
http://www.pokerbot.com
Old 03-18-2004, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Confessions of a Winholdem User *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 03-18-2004, 10:59 PM

Sir,
I found this on your home page at the bottom, could you please address this for us [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

>Paradise Poker Advisory

>Please do not launch your Paradise Poker client at this time.
>Paradise Poker is detecting WinHoldEm and closing your account.

One street at a time
wdbaker
Old 03-18-2004, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take a gander at how they are responding, it is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

You all, as programmers, should know that these responses are only following a very basic rule:

Garbage in, garbage out.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:30 AM

First we have:

"they intentionally chose not to release a strong formula set with the license."

Followed by:

"...if we released a champion formula set to the general population who might not be able to produce such a set on their own..."

And then:

"please explain to us how publically releasing a seriously strong formula set is good for you?"

And now the grand closing:

"ok, please see this 2+2 thread for our attempt to consult with the worlds greatest poker minds:"

So let's see, the first three quotes clearly indicate the "team" at winholdem has "seriously strong formulas" available but won't release them since the general poker population isn't worthy of receiving such enlightenment.

But this is curiously followed by the last quote requesting consulting "from the world's greatest poker minds".

So winholdem will not release their double-secret championship winning formulas. Yet mr. winholdem blows a gasket when the great poker minds choose not to release their championship formulas to him.

Hmmm.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:00 AM

festus,

fair enough, thanks for making our point for us, well done.
it is one thing to openly discuss poker theory in vague general terms in inexact english. such advice seems innocuous enough because it is just poker players talking about how they play the game.

the moment you have a formula driven bot, things change, those who were outspoken about some "play it this way" situation now come to grips with the very present reality that there is some machine out there that can now behave the way you tell it to. so people who were not 100% sure about advice given might hold back. and those who were very sure about advice given or not will probably hold back because (and here is the point) -
- good solid poker advice has real value, genuine value.

so now that there is a machine that can implement round optimal advice (soon to be hand optimal), people are holding back.

there are formula sets for winholdem that have far more value than the $100 cost for the machine. at some point, one of these sets will become public knowledge, it is inevitable.

winholdem support.
http://www.pokerbot.com
Old 03-21-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Confessions of a Winholdem User *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky