Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 01:25 AM

Default AKs makes TP but lots of flop action

no reads, 2nd rotation here.

with the flop action I really thought I was up against KQ here.

should I check this turn? fold to that turn raise?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB
Old 12-11-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: AKs makes TP but lots of flop action

I don't think you can fold anywhere else but the river. You still have outs against a possible 2-pair and you are good here more than once every 17 times
Old 12-11-2005, 01:39 AM

I agree.

up until the river action you can still justify it. One guy could have KJ or AQ or JT while the other guy has a flush-draw.
But when they are going crazy on the river and you are facing 2-cold I think you have to let it go.

It looks like you played it fine as best I can determine.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:46 AM

man, i keep thinking about folding to BB bets as it's just bizarre for him to wake up there but don't know if I could actually do it getting those odds and recognizing that the rest of the river action is influencing my thoughts right now

but yeah, you can't call those other two bets for sure, nor can you fold any earlier
Old 12-11-2005, 02:00 AM

Is a cap standard on this flop? I feel like a 3-bet vs an unknown means we're behind most of the time.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:06 AM

BB could have anything (and looking at the river I wonder if he actually had 86).
Button's 3-bet could just mean he has hearts or JT.

I'm not sure this is enough to go ahead and cap the flop...but I somehow suspect that guys like Oreo and Schneids would say 'cap it up brutha!!'

Still...that doesn't mean that that is what I should be doing do to their advanced skill-level at this stuff.

I would probably be okay with just calling the 3rd bet on the flop here instead of capping...and think that the decision is probably reasonably close.