Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Analyze Raymers bad beat

Hand 20 - Ayhan Alsancak has the button in seat 5, Raymer raises, and Kanter calls. The flop comes 6c-5d-3h, and there's a bet and a call. The turn card is the 7h, Kanter bets $600,000, and the two players are quickly all in. Raymer shows pocket kings (Kd-Kh), and Kanter has Qh-Jh. Kanter has a flush draw, and needs to catch a heart to win the pot. The river card is the 2h, and Kanter makes his flush to double up through Greg Raymer.

Kanter's supporters are ecstatic, and cheering loudly, but the rest of the room is nearly silent as crowd-favorite Greg Raymer loses a huge pot. You can distinctly hear the cheers, but the silence in the rest of the room is almost
overpowering. Aaron Kanter now has somewhere between $3.5 and $4 million, while Greg Raymer is crippled down to about $400,000.

Ok, I guess Im a dumbass, but what the hell is Kanter calling with on that flop out of position with virtually no draw?

I dont know who this guy is but I have to give him credit as a good player to have gotten that far. Was his call on the flop intended to set up a bluff on the turn if the right card (according to his thinking) hit?

Does anyone know if Raymer made too small of a bet on the flop?

Man that hand really sucked for Raymer, I'm really bummed to see him get knocked out, I cant imagine how sick he must feel.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Raymer crippled with pocket kings

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-14 16:44:00
Title: Aaron Kanter Doubles Up Through Greg Raymer at the Featured Table
Log: Hand 19 - Aaron Kanter has the button in seat 3, Raymer limps, and Ivey checks his option. The flop comes Kc-6c-5c, and both players check. The turn card is the Ad, and they check again. The river card is the 8s, Ivey bets out, and Raymer folds. Ivey takes the pot.

Hand 20 - Ayhan Alsancak has the button in seat 5, Raymer raises, and Kanter calls. The flop comes 6c-5d-3h, and there's a bet and a call. The turn card is the 7h, Kanter bets $600,000, and the two players are quickly all in. Raymer shows pocket kings (Kd-Kh), and Kanter has Qh-Jh. Kanter has a flush draw, and needs to catch a heart to win the pot. The river card is the 2h, and Kanter makes his flush to double up through Greg Raymer.

Kanter's supporters are ecstatic, and cheering loudly, but the rest of the room is nearly silent as crowd-favorite Greg Raymer loses a huge pot. You can distinctly hear the cheers, but the silence in the rest of the room is almost
overpowering. Aaron Kanter now has somewhere between $3.5 and $4 million, while Greg Raymer is crippled down to about $400,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phill Hellmuth would have laid the KK down on the turn and say "I was suppose to go bust on this hand".
Old 07-14-2005, 08:30 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: raymer eliminated

seems like he was severely short stacked when he pushed with A9
Old 07-14-2005, 08:31 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Analyze Raymers bad beat

it's hard to tell how the action went. it's hard to tell if Raymer has position. maybe he check-raised the turn, and QJ pushed? either way it looks retarded
Old 07-14-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Analyze Raymers bad beat

[ QUOTE ]
Man that hand really sucked for Raymer, I'm really bummed to see him get knocked out, I cant imagine how sick he must feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish i had a 300K consellation prize +promotions to feel sick about. I'd bet he is feeling proud of himself and rightfully so!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:39 PM

How much did Raymer bet the flop with his overpair?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:40 PM

That's too bad, but we all know how it goes with these fancy poker tournaments.
I still think getting as far as he did was a nice accomplishment.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM

Awesome run by Raymer. Nice to see he got an ovation.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 PM

i guess his plan was to try and take the pot away on a later street, possibly using the scare cards. given the result when the 7h showed up, it appears to have been a very poor plan.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:01 PM

according to gutshot.com raymer made a small raise preflop then checked the flop.

not sure exactly why he would make this play seeing as this is a tournament not a cash game.
Closed Thread