Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 05:45 PM

Default 5/10 6max - typical?

5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: is with Ac, 10d
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

SB is aggressive and would not likely wait until the turn to raise Queens. So I am fairly sure with the turn raise he has me beat with two pair or better, unless he is semi-bluffing a drawing hand. However, I'm more inclined to feel that I'm up against a better hand. Still, I'm not confident enough in a four handed game to fold to a check raise on the turn in this situation. Does anyone fold here? And how about the raise on the river? Should I just call at this point?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6max - typical?

[ QUOTE ]
SB is aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean BB? Cause SB folded on the flop...just curious because the "aggressive" read is important if it is not BB.

At first I didn't like the river raise at all, but upon reflection...

he's unlikely to 3-bet you with a small set when such a dangerous card hits on the river, while you'll get popped back by most flushes.

Lets say the times he's ahead he 3-bets 50% of the time, and he calls when he's behind, given that he led the river.

Let's see how often he has to be behind to make this worthwhile

x(2) - (1-x)[(.5)(2)+ (.5)(3)] &gt;= 0

x &gt;= .56

Let's say 60%, to err on the side of caution. So, this raise is good if he has 2 pair or a Q 60% of the time. Given the action, IMHO he'll have QT or 24 or KQ etc more than 60% of the time, so I think it's a good raise.

Notice that if our opponnent is more aggressive and 3-bets all his sets and flushes then we need a much higher % chance of him having 2 pair to raise for value on the river.

Surf
Old 04-07-2005, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did mean BB...typo, I'd fix it but I can no longer edit my post.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:13 PM

Not sure I like the river raise, but I don't dislike it either. It is a thin call either way. I think you are good maybe 60%, and he calls 95% of the time. Of the 40% your hand loses, he raises maybe half of the time, so you pay 2BB 20% of the time, and 1BB 20% of the time, and earn 1 BB 60% of the time. By my VERY rough guesstimate, it's a toss up.