Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 12:11 PM

Default I think I colluded and now I\'m pissed

Late in a Party SNG. We're down to 4 players. After a while, it's apparent that one of the players has been sitting out the whole time. It appears he's been disconnected or is just gone. The other three of us had been chatting away this entire time. The guy who was gone was extremely shortstacked yet somehow won 2-3 all-ins to stay afloat. One of the other guys was slowly bleeding chips and was in danger of not making the money.

After the guy who wasn't playing (player A) won another all-in to stay alive, it was clear another BB or two gone from Player B might end him. The other big stack told me to fold my SB to his BB to keep him afloat. It would have cost me very little to put him all in, and I actually had a hand I would do it with. But I folded.

This makes me sick. I'm not sure why I did what I did. Now I'm seeing monsters and have cashed out 2/3 of my BR from Party JUST IN CASE the guy who finally got knocked out reports us to Party. I'm not sure if he would have a case or anything, especially since I've never played with these guys before, but it still worries me.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Or is what I did as wrong as I'm afraid it is?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: I think I colluded and now I\'m pissed

What you did was wrong. Why you would even consider this is beyond me.

That said, Party is not going to freeze your account or anything. If anything they'll revoke chat for a while.

Dont cheat and you wouldn't have to worry~

p.s. if this is april fools, I hate you ahead of time.

Nick
Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 PM

that would be a pretty lame April Fools' joke. More lame than anything I've seen on here.

And I agree, why I even considered it never mind did it, is beyond me. I haven't done anything remotely close to this ever. If I could, I'd give my winnings of the tournament to the guy, because I realize what a shitty thing it was.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Although following the other players instructions to fold was ethicly questionable, it would be hard for anyone to prove that you are guilty of collusion, if you didn't reply to his request to fold or offer him any information. The player who told you to fold was clearly in the wrong. It is absolutely improper for him to tell others how to play while the hand is in progress. You should have made the play that you felt was best for you. It would be difficult to prove that you were colluding. You could have been planning to fold anyway. In the future, play your hand as you see fit and ignore other players who are trying to get you to collude. Obviously, the playere telling you to fold isn't too bright and maybe doesn't even realize that what he did is unethical. Anybody who is knowingly cheating would be stupid to do it using the chat window, giving Party a record of the collusion. Any deliberate colluder with a lick of sense would use another communication channel.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I could, I'd give my winnings of the tournament to the guy, because I realize what a shitty thing it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goto 'My Account' and hit player to player transfer.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:47 PM

When I am in the BB and dont want my BB stolen I type in I call any 2 any time. Is this wrong?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I could, I'd give my winnings of the tournament to the guy, because I realize what a shitty thing it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goto 'My Account' and hit player to player transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to know the player's real name to do this.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:51 PM

Something like this happened when I first started playing.

Exact same situation except no one was really short stacked, I just avoided clashing with the other two. Just seemed smart to me.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I am in the BB and dont want my BB stolen I type in I call any 2 any time. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the player asking him to fold was NOT in the BB. There were two short stacks, one not playing and the other in the BB. The other large stack told him to fold.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the player asking him to fold was NOT in the BB. There were two short stacks, one not playing and the other in the BB. The other large stack told him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im saying I say that in tourneys when I dont want my blind stolen.