Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club new T&C regarding the $300 bonus

According to my source, it appears the new policy is not retroactive. Players who signed up before the policy change will continue to earn BRPs under the old policy, which did allow players the chance to clear the entire bonus entirely at the micro limits.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:45 PM

Your right I hit the wrong button it's $53.

1 brp= $0.067
so 800*.067=53.30

My statement of $100 at the micro limits was correct though.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:00 PM

I assume they have come to some sort of conclusion that this promo is actually losing money at the micro limits. And I would totally understand them having to change the policy to prevent further losses, grandfathering in existing players of course.

What I dont understand is why cap the amount the bonus for those limits instead of just increasing the BRP release for the respective limits?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:04 PM

Hmm.. I was signed up for them, but I don't know if I got signed up before or after the T&C changes. I'll probably just skip them until they get things ironed out, as it seems like they aren't really the most stable operation right now.

Rob
Old 12-24-2004, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to my source, it appears the new policy is not retroactive. Players who signed up before the policy change will continue to earn BRPs under the old policy, which did allow players the chance to clear the entire bonus entirely at the micro limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct, the changes only affects players who signed up on the 23rd or later.
It is still the best bonus around, and $100 playing low limits and $200 more playing 2-4 fixed limit (or PL or NL)and up is surely not to be scoffed at.

If I was eligible I would do it in a heartbeat.

ToT
Old 12-24-2004, 02:54 PM

Well I just signed up for this today. I am the most comfortable playing 1/2 but I guess I might try and move up to 2/4 to clear the bonus. If I start out bad I guess I can always quit.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:00 PM

Where can you go to see how man BRPs you have and to see if $20 has been credited to your account?
Old 12-24-2004, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is still the best bonus around, and $100 playing low limits and $200 more playing 2-4 fixed limit (or PL or NL)and up is surely not to be scoffed at.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW SHOCKING, you are supporting TGC. Hell TGC could say they are killing everyones pets next weekend and you would proclaim its the best thing in the world.

I kinda figured something would change as the the first change made it was too easy for players to clear the bonus, however this change is not very well thought out.

The best thing TGC could do here is change how many BRPs are accumulated at each level.
For example:
.25/.50 - leave at 1 BRP or lower to .5 BRP
.50/1 - lower to 1 or 2 BRP
1/2 - lower to 2 or leave at 3 BRP
2/4+ - leave at 3 BRP

Under the current change a player will need to play 700 raked hands at the 3 levels to clear the first $100 in bonus money. And if they arent comfortable or have the money for 2/4, too bad about the rest of the bonus, which means they will leave probably cash out. How is this good for TGC?

If they just changed the BRP values, players would accumlate a little slower at lower levels, but still are not shut out of the full bonus and will stay on the site longer. Will the extra rake generated by more hands offset the extra bonus money paid out?

Why would TGC force players to play higher limits in order to clear bonus money? Do the micro players just not generate enough rake to cover the bonus money and if so why not just make the mircos play a few more hands as I outlined above?

Personally I am a comfortable playing at .5/1, however I figured I would give 1/2 a shot at TGC and I havent fared very well as I am barely break even with the bonus money added, so why would I want to move up to 2/4?

TGC has demostrated in the past that it really doesnt have a desire to attract more micro players and this recent change fully supports this perception.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where can you go to see how man BRPs you have and to see if $20 has been credited to your account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Click on the box on the bottom, far right of the main screen called "Promotions," and then click on the link on the next screen.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this the best bonus around? It's like 1/10th as good as the regular Party reload bonuses - either that or TGC screwed up my account, which is just as bad. I signed up for this a few weeks ago and played at least 8 hrs (probably more) of .50/1. When my BRPs showed up, like 2 days later, first it said 227 which was bad enough but then next day it went DOWN to 89 - 89 BRPs for 8 hours of single table play, or about $6 worth. I cleared my last Party bonus in 12 hours single table and got $100, so 8 hours at Party was worth $67. (If someone at TGC wants to check my records to see if you screwed them up, I'm acct #pgc05663629r.)

I also lost about $100 - playing mostly daytime and wee hours, which is my schedule. During these times the "% seeing flop" on the .50/1 tables was usually high 30s/low 40s. At least 3 of the 10 players on every table appear to be prop players - or at least the same names were there everyday and they were playing 4-6 tables each. Now to be fair, some weeknights and Saturdays there were more outside players and flop rates got up into the 50-60s sometimes, but I can't always play at those times.

I gave up on trying to get the bonus, and don't plan on ever playing there again.