Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: So im behind the times on hand mining.....

thanks sully-

where i had PT pointed to was the problem.

anybody get this error on PT imports:

Import Finished With Errors - The import finished but there were errors. The error messages were written to a file named c:\program files\poker tracker v2\PTAI_ErrorFile_20041117_184215.txt - 6 file(s) read - 92 new hand(s) were imported.

??
Old 11-17-2004, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks sully-

where i had PT pointed to was the problem.

anybody get this error on PT imports:

Import Finished With Errors - The import finished but there were errors. The error messages were written to a file named c:\program files\poker tracker v2\PTAI_ErrorFile_20041117_184215.txt - 6 file(s) read - 92 new hand(s) were imported.

??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to that file, it will tell you what the exact error is. Typically it's something like an incomplete hand. Post the error message here or on teh PT forums for better advice if you care about the erro. Usually I just ignore it an delete the error file. And yes, the hand histories for observed hands are deleted as soon as the table is closed. This is a slight problem if you have a long timer for auto-imports, because I *think* that it kills the observed histories as soon as party "takes down a table for maintenance." So about 10 minutes is plenty, less than that could bog down your computer terribly.

Freakin
Old 11-17-2004, 09:07 PM

I was having the same problems too when I first started. I found that my .hhf files were stored in .../PartyPoker and not in the hh file which is ...PartyPoker/handhistory/{yourscreenname}. IOW, my .hhfs were stored in the main file, not the hand history file.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:07 PM

Woah cnfuzzed I didn't know you were 2+2. I've played with you at 2/4 a few hands 300 or so.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:16 AM

well, ive tried to keep a low profile over my 1100 posts...

hopefully you saw me on my good day, and not the hundreds of drunken maniac days ive had...

peace

john nickle
Old 11-18-2004, 01:21 AM

For the datamining thing, what is the limit for a Database size? Or how many hands can you have before making a new one? Mine is getting close to 1 Gig, so how do I make a new one when I hit the max?
Old 11-18-2004, 01:32 AM

I think the standard cap size is 100K hands. To create a new one, all you have to do is go to the file menu, and i think its the "maintain database names" option. shoudl be an add button. There ya go.

peace

john nickle
Old 11-18-2004, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the standard cap size is 100K hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does this vary if you're using observed hands, do they take up as much space or can you have over 100k?

B/c now I have around 100k and its running really slow.

Thanks though, I'm goin to make a new one i pretty soon i think... Hope the Playerviewer thing will support multiple DB's soon
Old 11-18-2004, 02:00 AM

I asked Pat what the max size should be and he said 200k hands. I'm at 160 and there isnt any noticable delay (Although I do have a gig of RAM, so that might help)
Old 11-18-2004, 02:07 AM

100K hands-not even close.Yea I think 200/250K is a good limit..I have 2 db's with 300K.My last db that had mostly dataming hands had about 325K hands and the db was 1.00GB-it got so damn slow that I had to create a new one.It really matters about the specs of your system.IF you have slow processing power..all this ccrap becomes painfully slow if you are working with large db's.

Pat from PT says the db's can get up to 2GB but my experience has been for me that 1GB is maximum my computer system can take.It got to the point on my last huge db's that I was getting prompted every other session to compact my database..which I did ..I also started get a bunch of database overun type error messages from PT..There was a great thread on hard-drives and processors that touched on the subject of how PT is affected by your hardware.
My limitation is processing power.When I read hh's my CPU Usage goes up to like 50%++.IF I have alot of processes open 90%+...so PT will lock up and IF I attempt to multi-task while PT is grinding away this hard it gets dicey...heavy typical multi-tasking I'm talking about like opening up 4/5 pokerooms,outlook express etc.

I just did a massive export of player notes from 4 combined databses...it took 5/6 hours to run..dunnuh exactly because I was asleep.I have a GB of RAM and 2 927 MHZ P3's-this system is going into it's 5th year...I just ordered a new system.This one will be my new back-up.