Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 08:17 PM

Default Has Stu Ungar ever played Larry Flint.

Hi All.

Is it true that Stu Ungar played against Larry Flint at one point?? I've heard a story of Stu Ungar winning about 5 millions from Larry flint. Can anyone confirm this

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 02-26-2002, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Has Stu Ungar ever played Larry Flint.

I saw Flynt playing 400-800 stud at the Dunes many years ago and, if memory serves, I believe Stu was in the game. (Perhaps Stu would have been too young for that?) I was told Flynt dropped $500,000 in the game that weekend, but of course it all wouldn't have been to one player (unless Russ/GCA is correct about things). Flynt was at the table for at least 48 hours straight that weekend.

Old 02-26-2002, 09:15 PM

I saw Flynt and Ungar playing in a money game in 1984 at the Horseshoe in Vegas during the WSOP. It was 7 stud and they were sitting next to each other having a good old time. BTW I didn't play much poker then. I had some vacation time that I had to use and took a mid week trip to Vegas to shoot some craps and just came on in on the last 2 days of the big one. I recognized Ungar from pictures in Gambling Times.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:32 PM

Well, if you saw them in 1984, then my memory is not as fuzzy as I thought it might be about Flynt and Stu at the old Dunes. I think it might well have been about that time, perhaps even a few years earlier. I got up to play golf (used to love that Dunes course) and walked by the poker room at 7 AM on Friday, 7AM on Saturday, and 7AM on Sunday and Flynt was there all 3 times, hadn't left, according to the floorman.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:17 PM

Default Was the Year McEvoy Won WSOP Big One *NM*

Old 02-27-2002, 06:50 PM

Default McEvoy Won WSOP in 83 *NM*