Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2002, 03:47 PM

Default Vegas So Far...

I left home on the beemer thursday afternoon, had a great ride through Utah (for you touring guys, highway 12 is the best ride I've ever been on), and spent the night in Cedar City.

Rolled on towards Vegas the next day, but I was enjoying myself too much. I got to meet a couple of guys on the Mesquite PD, and they gave me a little piece of official paper to commemorate this visit. I was only going 95. Sheesh.

Checked into the Hotel, showered, and made it to the 2+2 meeting a little late. Missed most of the BR discussion. Darn. My favorite line from the presentation: Sklansky says he chops to be friendly. LOL.

The best part was meeting all the 2+2ers and putting faces with names. Even Mike l. wasn't as bad as I thought. Loved Vince's new look. I vote we all chip in and buy him a big gold earring. I volunteer to do the piercing.

I have a great idea for next year. We get a room twice as big, and let S&M do their thing in the front, with people in chairs just like this year. But the rest of us can do our own thing in the back. I'm thinking free booze, chicken wings, and dancing girls. Maybe even a dancing guy for the Babe. Other suggestions are welcome.

The Bellagio hasn't changed much. Same room, same players. It was good to see old friends. (Hey Brett, great to see you. You gained weight... I can't freaking believe this. The 80 game hasn't even been going, but when Brett shows up, there are three games). I was lucky enough to get a seat with Sklansky on my immediate right. Why is that lucky you ask? Because, as usual, David isn't in his seat. He's out talking to people and watching the horses.

The action doesn't compare to the Commerce. In the three games, I counted three live ones. Whoopee. The 80 game at Bellagio costs the same as the 15 game at the Commerce. $7 per half hour. You can order food at the table, if you are in the top section, but you have to pay for it. The guy behind me had what looked to be a great meal, Sea Bass and Lobster. It only cost him $121. Other differences from the Commerce: No free limo rides to/from the airport, no $79 room rate, and even thought no one is blowing smoke in your face, you still smell it when you get back to your room.

Today, I'm going to check out the Shoe (rhymes with ewwwwwww). Yuck. But what else do you do at the wsop?

That's all for now.