Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-22-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: A mission for you TT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got $100 gift card to Banana Republic. The website has extensive choices. I'm not a big fan of BR, but I'm sure I can find something. Instead, I want you to tell me what I need/can benefit the most from/will look good in.

Please present 2 or 3 options. Total cost $80-$130. Please avoid dress shirts and shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

- Just the jacket (not crazy about the rest of the pieces) - $99

- $149. Its daring, wont be that common even though its BR.

- Its a bit more expensive than JBB's budget, but its worth the extra investment.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cut on the overcoat is atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atrocious is overstating it a bit, but for the price point (remember its a slinding scale) its decent and about as good as BR gets. Its not a long term keeper, but its a good second coat that will last a season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the shoulders, look at the length. If your goal is to look like a bouncer, mission accomplished.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 PM

I just bought this jacket at BR the other day. Got if for 100 after the sale and the coupon I had.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:54 PM

TT what do you think of this look..i'm pretty fond of this website and have ordered a few shirts from them already:

http://www.cockdieselwear.com/nabash.html
Old 12-22-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bought this jacket at BR the other day. Got if for 100 after the sale and the coupon I had.

[/ QUOTE ]

the cut doesn't look fitted enough. looks baggy to me and kind of sloppy.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT what do you think of this look..i'm pretty fond of this website and have ordered a few shirts from them already:

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I think this is the future supbro look, but for now its very cool - again with the disclaimer on the right person. It looks like crap on me, but Shant looks like a rock star in the same style. The problem is its becoming sort of like a uniform... so do your best to make it uniquely your own.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I think this is the future supbro look, but for now its very cool - again with the disclaimer on the right person. It looks like crap on me, but Shant looks like a rock star in the same style. The problem is its becoming sort of like a uniform... so do your best to make it uniquely your own.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, those t-shirts are Lame. I like www.2ktshirts.com or www.turntablelab.com for t-shirts.

Edit: After further review I decided to edit my post to capitalize the L in lame.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT,

What's your height/weight? From what I remember from the first Magoofest, you are about the same size as me, 5'9" 160. If so, what type of jeans should I be getting-low rise, boot cut, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 6' 1", 185 lbs but slim (33" waist). I think the cut of a jean is a personal preference, what works for one man doesn't work for the next. BUT I firmly believe that you must explore and expand your horizons... experiment. Try something new.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are almost exactly the same size. Also, because of this thread, I have decided to buy all new clothes. To be honest, my mom and sister have always bought my clothes, I wear mostly just the abercrombie/hollister/polo level of clothing. I have never had nice shoes and ive always felt bad about it.

I don't know where to start to buy nice [censored]. I would like to buy a couple pairs of shoes, some pants; jeans and otherwise, shirts, a couple blazers, and a nice watch if possible. I am 22, and a college student.
I don't mind dropping a couple grand to buy some nice winter clothes (and some extra if i get a watch). A link to some nice summer stuff for when it comes around would be nice as well, flip flops/shorts/shirt type stuff.

Really a set of general guidelines/places to shop online would be great. There isn't alot around here, but I don't mind ordering/sending back, and I know a good tailor.

I am in bad shape, help me out TT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blake
Old 12-23-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

Edit: Nevermind I just realized you're looking for online places to shop.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the cut doesn't look fitted enough. looks baggy to me and kind of sloppy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this coat in grey, and I wear a large in it, where i usually wear an xl. good call.

It's an awesome coat though, I get tons of compliments.