Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Wild Jack Poker Deception

Okay, it's only $30, but they are screwing me big time. This comes down to definition of raked hands. According to their rules a raked hand is defined as "dealt cards" here is link to their rules: http://www.wildjackpoker.com/gamerules.php

So I used their software, typical Prima site. I check my raked hands every now and then. Eventually I get to 151. I quit and prepare to move on.

I got this email back from them after going back and forth with regard to how many raked hands I have. I say 151. They say 94...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear David,

Following you inquiry as to the raked hands at Wild Jack Poker.

The reason that you see more raked hands on the software is that some hands are raked and others not.

The raked hand amount on the site as you see it, is defined as a player that has received cards and the total rake for the hand played was greater than or equal to 25c. In this instance the player does NOT have to contribute any money to either the pot for a raked the hand. Meanwhile the site shows it as raked hand, while our tracking system does NOT count it, since you did not need to contribute to it.
This explains why there is a difference from what a player sees and what we show.

As it stands currently, we show that you have 94 raked hands.

We surely do hope that this has been able to clarify your inquiry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This is not cool. After going round and round with a customer service person who has NEVER played online poker I finally got the floor manager. He was able to see the obvious contradiction. We'll have to see what happens next. I will update.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Wild Jack Poker Deception

Anyone else dealt with this site? Hoping to hear they are reputable and someone can let me know they will do the right thing.

:FingersCrossed:
Old 08-17-2005, 09:00 PM

Lookie what I found on your link:

[ QUOTE ]
Rake

Wild Jack Poker takes a certain amount of money for acting as a mediator for players. This amount is called the rake.

Wild Jack Poker defines a player as raking a hand as: "any player that is dealt cards in a hand and the pot is raked at a minimum of 25c".

[/ QUOTE ]

and how is 60 raked hands worth $30? Just play the remaining hands. 60 raked hands takes like a half hour if you play a few tables at once.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 PM

You get counted for a raked hand when you get dealt cards, and the hand is raked. Just like explained in the e-mail. It would be ridiculous for it to just be when you get dealt cards. You could play heads up w/ someone, and just fold fold fold, and clear the bonus risk free. That of course is bad for the poker sites so of course they don't use a structure like that.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You get counted for a raked hand when you get dealt cards, and the hand is raked. Just like explained in the e-mail. It would be ridiculous for it to just be when you get dealt cards. You could play heads up w/ someone, and just fold fold fold, and clear the bonus risk free. That of course is bad for the poker sites so of course they don't use a structure like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not getting it. I understand that the hand has to be raked (not just dealt cards).

They're changing their tune. If you read their reply it indicates that they're working under the definition that you have to contribute to the pot for it to count as a raked hand. That contradicts the rules on their site.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:08 AM

I see now. Yes, there is some misconception there. However, it's only 60 more hands. Just play them, cash out, and forget about it. You aren't going to win an arguement with a poker site.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:13 AM

Just got the $40.40 today in NETeller. No explanation. I feel obligated to let poker community know they didn't stiff me, but they have lost my business for good. I'm done with all Prima sites.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm done with all Prima sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
very shortsighted based on one bad experience out of at least 10 good ones you'll leave behind.