Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: 15/30 JJ

[ QUOTE ]
What if he thinks I'm getting crazy with AK and calls with 88/99?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really ever gonna go crazy like this with AK when you have a protected pot and a bad player that is calling you down with as you said any pair? Do you think he would bet the flop and turn with 99/88?

[ QUOTE ]
What about the fact that I don't have to fold AQ/KQ that often?

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2er is thinking my AQ/KQ only has to be good 1 in 14 or whatever, so I think he is folding those two hands about never. It just seems to me that all hands that beat you are calling and all hands that you beat are folding.

SGS
Old 12-27-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if he thinks I'm getting crazy with AK and calls with 88/99?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really ever gonna go crazy like this with AK when you have a protected pot and a bad player that is calling you down with as you said any pair? Do you think he would bet the flop and turn with 99/88?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could bet the flop and turn with 88/99 putting me on AK and not wanting to let me off easy.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about the fact that I don't have to fold AQ/KQ that often?

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2er is thinking my AQ/KQ only has to be good 1 in 14 or whatever, so I think he is folding those two hands about never. It just seems to me that all hands that beat you are calling and all hands that you beat are folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

To call the turn raise AND a river bet he has to think he's good 1/8.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:56 PM

Judging from your many well thought out posts, I am of the opinion that anybody who plays with you realizes that you are very aggressive. This will certainly stick in the mind of your opponents here. For example, your flop raise is a little out of line with that queen out there. When you are bet into again on the turn and pop another raise - that is pure spewing. I do not see any reason to expose yourself to a 3-bet here. You raised the flop, so the idea of you having a 10 v. a Q seems slim. Your attempt to get villain to fold a better hand would work SO MUCH BETTER if the fish were acting before the 2+2er forcing him to overcall your river bet. That way the times you have the fish beat (who calls with any pair) there might be value in your river bet as villain might fold. As it stands this river bet has as much value as enron stock.

I guess there is about a 20/1 shot that villain was betting KJ or folded a weak Q and fish called with a small pair. I really do not see any other reason that you would post such a hand.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:03 PM

Thank you for your well-thought post, but I did not raise the flop.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 PM

My comments were directed solely at the river bet.

Edited to add: Suppose the 2p2er did bet 99/88 on flop and turn, I really doubt he is calling a turn raise with those hands.

SGS