Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: ATs UTG flops top 2

I don't like the 3-bet. He's not raising w/ diamonds.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the 3-bet. He's not raising w/ diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I didnt notice the flush draw
B) I didnt notice this was 9 handed

In conclusion, it looks more and more like you ran into a set. Sucks. Going broke with top 2 against a set isnt a leak IMO, its just crap. If you were deeper maybe I can find a fold, but prob not.

I am at a loss here for how to handle this in a deep stacked situation. We would want to 3bet to charge a semibluff raise, but we dont want to bloat the pot OOP (or do we??? I think we do). Perhaps C/C, C/C turn and river isnt bad, but Im probably just being results oriented.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:01 AM

Just a nit here: once you push, don't show the turn and river cards, and don't show whether SB calls.

--

I hope you won the hand, though. When SB four-bets here, it has a sickening hint of value to it, so I'm not sure if 2pr is any good. Particularly since you're basically hoping for him to have A8...

I'd be pretty surprised to see AA here, but not so surprised to see TT or 88.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not fond of the flop 3-bet without reads. I won't be surprised to see AA or TT just as often as T8 and A8. I prefer calling and reevaluating the turn. If he's passive, he probably will do a crappy job of getting money into the pot on the turn/river with a better hand. Conversely, if he has a worst hand, he will probably overplay it, as bad players like to do medium strength hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

who the heck completes w. so many limpers w. AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen: 5 limpers to the button, who limps, bb raises, button pushes with AA... I don't know if he picked up a huge tell or something. BB was short-stacked.

Anyways, it happens. That was in a live 5-5 NL game.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen: 5 limpers to the button, who limps, bb raises, button pushes with AA... I don't know if he picked up a huge tell or something. BB was short-stacked.

Anyways, it happens. That was in a live 5-5 NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there's your reason. He probably "had a feeling" since he was sipping his "lucky drink" that night. Its not uncommon to see a seemingly good player try a fancypants move like this, and its ridiculous how many seemingly good live players are actually complete morons about some very basic things.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:03 AM

what card can be slowplaing on this flop? Can it be a 2 pair. I think no (or an villian is stupid log such as there is a flush draw). If we see a check-raising here,I think we against 10 10 or 88
Old 12-25-2005, 11:04 AM

maybe flush and straight draw or 88..TT.. anyway..after reraise IŽd like to fold.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. When he c/r'd, I instantly thought he had AdXd. I raised, he minraises again. I decide I'm going with my intuition and am not getting away from this and push. Turns out he had Ad4d and MHIG.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who the heck completes w. so many limpers w. AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish don't think like 2+2ers.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:04 PM

I don't think this is terrible. I don't think it's great either but you're ahead of plenty here. Especially since yesterday at a full table at party I had a guy do this with AK, TPTK and my set was good. Donks also love going broke with bottom 2, as well as any other 2 pair.