Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: basic? (an arguement)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Conceptually I look at 106 on an 864 board almost the same way as if I had AT on an T64 board. Obviously those situations are not the same but I would play them the same in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in both cases, you check, pfr bets there's a fold and a raise and it's you to act. Is your action the same in both examples and if so, what is it?

[/ QUOTE ]
In both those situations I would bet, so I wouldnt be facing this problem. This is what I mean when I say I would treat T6 on an 864r board the same as AT on a T64 board. If I misclicked and checked in both these situations and the action went bet raise. I would probably grit my teeth and 3 bet with AT since I probably have the flop aggressor beat and the PFR can still easly have just 2 overs, and I would fold the T6 since given this new information, the probabitily that I have both the PFR beat and the flop aggressor beat is too low, and I dont have the odds to draw to my 5 outer.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: basic? (an arguement)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Conceptually I look at 106 on an 864 board almost the same way as if I had AT on an T64 board. Obviously those situations are not the same but I would play them the same in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the T64 board I like the checkraise even more because I'm fine with checkraising the whole field for value. If I knew PFR would raise with overs then I would bet. But in that spot your hand has a much higher equity IMO and your decision will be simpler when the action returns to you on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that your equity is much higher with AT on the T64 flop, but in both situations there is a good chance you have the best hand but you still could be losing to an overpair. I know it is obvious that the probability that you have the best hand with AT on the T64 board is much higher than the T6 on the 864 board, but I would play both the same in this situation against an unknown PFR.
I dont like the Idea of checkraising the field with AT on a T64 board, this is not the kind of hand I like to trap the field with, so I would bet out the flop and hope the raiser raises with overcards. Like I said before though, I really see nothing wrong with checking with T6 on the 864 board, your reasons for checking and your reasons for betting seem very sound to me, and if god came down and proved it would be better to check then bet I wouldnt be shocked. Just telling you why I would bet. If the flop was J64 im checking for the same reasons you are, or even if the flop is 964 I would also check becuz so many common limping hands have a nine in it thus lowering the probabilty I flopped the best hand. In those situations I would rather check and see what happens. On the 8 high flop I would rather bet, since the probability I have the best hand is decent enough for me to bet here.