Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Donk who won\'t follow rules (LC -- story; rules questions)

I was playing in a small live $100+ tournament. There was this loose fish who got lucky and made the final table. He was continually violating the rules, but not in a way that brought him much if any advantage.

The guy seemed to be a real character and liked being the center of attention. He was playing like half the hands and always making comments. He said "watch out for the shark" about me.

There was a hand where he limped in, button limped in, and blinds played. Flop was K high. He checked called buttons bets on the flop and turn. Before the river card, he said "my kicker is bad." Then he started yelling like horse player for a deuce. I wondered what he had. The river went check/check. He had K2o and the button had KJs. Obviously, it was pretty stupid to give information. I am not sure if you are supposed to discuss what your hand is, even if it is true.

The other thing this guy did was that he stacked his chips completely randomly. He had a huge pile of chips, but he was actually one of the shortest stacks. He played a lot of hands and had zillions of ante chips. He had the bigger chips mixed in completely randomly from the ante chips. I think the dealer should have said something about it. Also, one of the players could have called the floor or something. I assume you are not allowed to do that.

There was this old woman who played a lot of hands. I thought at first she was a fish, but she played aggressively postflop and kept taking down pots. Anyway, she obviously didn't understand tournament strategy.

There were 7 players left at the final table. A short stack pushes from CO. She is about to fold in the BB. However, this same donk/character tells her she might as well call. She was getting like 4-1 pot odds. So she calls. Raiser is very angry. He says he should call the floor but doesn't. Raiser flops a set, but old woman makes a gutshot straight on the river with 76o. Old woman finishes third in tournament. I suppose there is no way to keep the old woman from calling after receiving advice. I don't know how the floor would deal with something like that.