Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:32 PM

Default a not unusual situation.

common situation, kind of. Sucky situation. No reads, Id assume they are not good, as usual until proven otherwise.

Every street is up for grabs.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $5.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero....
Old 12-20-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: a not unusual situation.

i gladly fold the flop to sb's lead on this very dry board with button still to act.

once button coldcalls this flop, i'm check folding the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:38 PM

I think I'd just fold the flop when sb leads. once button calls two I think you're toast. I think you want to bet the turn hoping button will fold his 99-QQ but I think the parlay of having SB beat and button having that range and folding it is too much and it's getting rather expensive.

how are the stars games? how many tables are usually running?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 PM

I think you are good here a fair amount of the time. But when you are behind you only have 2 outs and you won't win much more than you put in.

I always fold this on the flop
Old 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM

Its less likely that SB is betting out with a pair of 3 or 4s since he coldcalled a raise from SB. The only plausible hands are 55-77 which is only a small fraction of SB's hand range.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM

PF: Raising bloats the pot, I like calling

Flop: I really dislike the raise. You didn't provide any reads on SB, but when guys call a raise out of the SB, I tend to give them credit for a solid holding. I highly doubt he's donking with anything less then an Ace. Just dump it with a PFR left to act.

Turn: Check/folding is the only play imo
Old 12-20-2005, 03:48 PM

By default, random bets from clowns out out of the blinds tend to get respected (maybe that is a bit much). That and I am not thrilled to see the Button call like that, even if he is calling for the sake of calling and I knew SB has a history of donking random flops with random cards.

All I know is that if I continued with this hand beyond the flop at all, I would be inclined to overplay it, which is probably not good. Ugh.

-K
Old 12-20-2005, 04:00 PM

yeah this flop is usually a good fold w/ a pfr to act behind me...dont know what it is, but something about an unknown donking into me really makes me hate folding, so I raise. No suprise pfr calls. w00t.

I did c/f the turn. sb folded to a river bet, not that it matters. PFR is folding a better hand like never to my raise. Me = so retarded sometimes, especially to donks.