Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Rambling thoughts about the US military

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, stuff from 430bc! This should all be relevant today!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.... maybe you should just stick with OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you making fun of me because you think that I believe that germany invaded poland in 430bc?

Really though, yes, I see that 70 years ago a couple of countries invanded each other and there is lessons to be learned from that. But trying to prove that we need a military based on something that happened 2400 years ago is silly.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, they have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion of why we have such a strong presence overseas

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not what the junior high educated OP asked. He specifically addressed eliminating 90% of our military.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:30 PM

This had more relevence in decades past. Today, South Korea maintains adequet armed forces to defend itself. Moreover, if American forces removed themselves, those countries would no doubt pick up thier own armed forces budget.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, they have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion of why we have such a strong presence overseas

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not what the junior high educated OP asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I went to junior high school. Thanks.

I don't see what is so wrong with my post that you feel the need to belittle me. I clearly stated that these were rambling thoughts. Next time you have incomplete information and ideas I will make sure to let you know what an idiot you truely are for not knowing everything.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really though, yes, I see that 70 years ago a couple of countries invanded each other and there is lessons to be learned from that. But trying to prove that we need a military based on something that happened 2400 years ago is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Gulf War is a little more modern, if that's what you like. I think he's trying to show that there's a history of strong countries invading weaker countries.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see that 70 years ago a couple of countries invanded each other and there is lessons to be learned from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What lessons did you learn?

Did we, or did we not, save a lot of innocent Jews through the use of our military?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not what the junior high educated OP asked. He specifically addressed eliminating 90% of our military.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. All of the military that is meddling elsewhere, costing taxpayers money and what not. Leaving the other 10% for defense purposes. How is this indicative of a junior high education?

(of course, when you believe that war actually helps the economy, your opinions tend to be skewed)

[ QUOTE ]
He specifically addressed eliminating 90% of our military.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I have no idea what specific percent we should eliminate and was just throwing around a number to see what you though. Anyone with a junior high education should have been able to figure that out.

I'm not saying we need a nuclear war, just that thier existence makes it so countries don't start wars. The principle of mutually assured destruction still applies today, it kept the cold war from getting hot.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:34 PM

To be oblivious to the implications of this fact

[ QUOTE ]
there's a history of strong countries invading weaker countries.

[/ QUOTE ]

and suggest that 90% of our military is an outright waste does not indicate to me that you have completed any high school level history or social studies classes. Im sorry that you felt I was belittling you, since clearly Im not aware of yours or any other anonymous internet poster's age or level of education.