Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-19-2005, 10:07 AM

Default PP10 - TPTK runs into CR

BB is 40/15/1.5 and has played relatively solid so far with a hint of weak. CO is 70/20/1, loose aggressiveish and will cold-call any 2 pre-flop, straightforward post-flop.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (13 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Standard?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: PP10 - TPTK runs into CR

Looks pretty close between calling or 3betting the turn. BB might have a weaker queen, small 2pair, set, pair + flushdraw or straight. CO gives us some value, its likely he is on a flushdraw which would be a reason to 3bet.
But in the end its probably the easiest way to just take the overcall from the donkish CO.
By taking the 3betting route youŽd have to call a cap and fold the river UI for 1 bet.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:13 PM

I play this the same. Given your read on BB, it's safe to say we're almost always beat. After you raised his flop donk, he still check-raises to trap CO. Still, I can't lay down TPTK on a pretty much uncoordinated board unless I have a sick read.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty close between calling or 3betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-betting the turn is not the way to go. This is a protected pot with CO caught in the middle of you and BB, so he's not semi-bluffing some pair+draw here that you're ahead of nearly enough to make 3-betting profitable. Calling down is fine with me.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:19 PM

Looks good to me. I can see folding this against a fairly passive opponent, but I think you need to call this down. I expect to be bad a fair amount of the time, but good enough to make this +EV