Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: AQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cold caller called the flop getting ~5:1, what's he now going to fold in the face of a raise that you aren't already crushing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling with a hand like middle or bottom pair getting 5:1 on the flop is not a terrible play if you feel that your outs are fairly clean, as you can make some arguments for implied odds etc. Making that same call for 2 BBs on the turn is clearly incorrect though.

Whether or not he folds, by the way, is irrelevent. If he calls with bottom pair anyways, then you just make even more money by raising. If you just call you give him the right odds to draw to almost everything, and there are plenty such draws available on this board.

-eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the overall principle.

But it is highly unlikely in THIS situation that the villian has bottom pair. OR that he has middle pair only (without a draw to accompany it).
Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 AM

Raise, Raise, RAISE

and fold to a 3.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:22 AM

Im raising.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The donking me twice line really confused me but it led me to believe he didn't have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a few hands last night against the same guy who repeatedly triple-donked into the preflop raiser on the flop turn and river, often with nothing. This guy was worse than the average Party low stakes player, but his actions add support to the theory that donk bets = weakness.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:11 PM

Lately I've found a that A LOT of players will frequently call a raise thinking your most likely to have AK, AQ, AJ etc and will bet the board if they pair up. Part of this is they hear it is better to be the bettor so if you plan to call a bet you might as well lead. It is not uncommon for aggressive players to react to this with a raise on the flop if UI to slow down the bettor. Knowing this the bettor tends to call and lead again on the turn with his Q. Your opponent has something but you are likely to be ahead. I would follow the line the majority states here, raise and use caution if 3bet.