Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: AQ

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this might be a spot where as the pot becomes larger it becomes more correct to just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. In a big pot, getting three bet becomes expensive. We have to see the river because of pot odds and we might even make a crying call on the river (because the pot is so big). If the pot were smaller, we could raise/fold to a three bet.

close??
Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that this might be a spot where as the pot becomes larger it becomes more correct to just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. In a big pot, getting three bet becomes expensive. We have to see the river because of pot odds and we might even make a crying call on the river (because the pot is so big). If the pot were smaller, we could raise/fold to a three bet.

close??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes; this is part of it. I'll find time to post later.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:23 PM

quite the conundrum we have going here. the more players behind us, the more we need to protect our hand but the more strength his bet means. but, the fewer players we have behind us, the less strength his turn bet means so we want to raise for value but maybe wait.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:26 PM

In my experience, a turn donk at small stakes by a retarded but not drunk opponent screams of a monster, so with reads I might even lay down here. expecting a set a T9. However raising and checking behind in a large pot is also an option that I would consider.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:50 AM

Raise/fold to a three bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:34 PM

*bump*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

close??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes; this is part of it. I'll find time to post later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you found that time to post yet Jason? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:51 PM

With the 3rd guy involved, raising looks like hands down the best play. Make the third guy fold a pair and save yourself the pot on the river.

my 2 cents.
Eric
Old 12-18-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? The larger the pot, the more correct it should be to raise and give yourself the best chance to win. You want to drive out that third guy to elliminate any draw he may have.

-Eric
Old 12-18-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cold caller called the flop getting ~5:1, what's he now going to fold in the face of a raise that you aren't already crushing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling with a hand like middle or bottom pair getting 5:1 on the flop is not a terrible play if you feel that your outs are fairly clean, as you can make some arguments for implied odds etc. Making that same call for 2 BBs on the turn is clearly incorrect though.

Whether or not he folds, by the way, is irrelevent. If he calls with bottom pair anyways, then you just make even more money by raising. If you just call you give him the right odds to draw to almost everything, and there are plenty such draws available on this board.

-eric
Old 12-18-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edited to say that without the LP player in I can just call this down. No need to push a bluffer or middle pair bettor out and we can get to showdown for 2 more BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an 8 BB pot on a board w/ 3 to a broadway straight already, you don't see any reason to raise and make middle pair / gutshots fold?

Personally, I'd raise and bet the river too.

- Eric